About This Listing No specific Gibson model carries more intrigue and gravitas than the 1959 Les Paul Standard. While it became the most iconic guitar in history, it wasn’t a successful model when it was released (under 650 were made). But before long it was adopted by some of the world’s greatest guitarists — Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Duane Allman, Mike Bloomfield, Billy Gibbons, Joe Perry and Slash to name a few.The instrument was simply enchanting, from its beautiful figured maple top to its extreme sonic versatility. “It has a deep, powerful sound and you can use it to imitate just about anything – violin, sax, cello, even a sitar,” says Jeff Beck.All these reasons and more made the 1959 Les Paul Standard the most coveted and legendary guitar on the planet, shaping sounds across music genres and generations of players. Gibson Custom Shop’s 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Standard is not just a tribute to those priceless original models — it’s a clone of them. From laser-scanned dimensions to chemically-recreated plastics to color-matched shades of sunburst, every element has been rendered in unbelievable detail. It represents the culmination of decades of work by Custom Shop’s expert team — a tireless quest to bring accuracy and authenticity to the hands of fans. It’s the definition of cool, and it’s the best representation of the 1959 Les Paul Standard since the Gibson Custom Shop began making Historic Reissues over twenty-five years ago.
- Commemorates the 1959 Les Paul Standard, one of the most revered electric guitars ever made
- Every detail meticulously re-created to give you the look, sound, and feel of a vintage 1959 model
- Lightweight mahogany body with beautiful figured maple top
- Authentic ’59 Medium C-shaped neck topped with a solid rosewood fretboard
- Authentic details include vintage-style Kluson single line tuners and original cellulose trapezoid inlays
- Unpotted CustomBucker pickups for dead-on vintage PAF tone
- 500K CTS pots, handwired harness, Bumblebee capacitors, and Switchcraft switch
- Gorgeous thin VOS nitrocellulose lacquer finish
This guitar weighs 8.56 lbs. Neck measurements read .88 of an inch at the 1st fret, and .977 at the 12th
There are no reviews yet.