Paying Homage to the Classic Semi-hollowbody Guitars
The Gibson ES-339 is loved by players who need semi-hollow tone but don’t want a guitar with too much bulk. Built as a smaller version of the ES-335, the ES-339 has the same semi-hollow tone and sustain in a smaller package. Made with a 3-ply maple and poplar laminate body, this guitar showcases a bright and lively sound with a warm, rich sustain. A mahogany neck and rosewood fingerboard feel familiar in your hand and enable quick soloing and chording. Powered by a pair of ’57 Classic humbuckers, this guitar has all the PAF goodness you’d expect from a vintage Gibson, but with added clarity and bite. So what are you waiting for?
’57 Classic pickups
The ES-339 aims to capture the vintage tone and feel of the golden era Gibsons. To achieve this lofty goal, it’s powered by a pair of Gibson’s ’57 Classic pickups. A re-creation of the classic “Patent Applied For” humbucker, the ’57 Classic produces warm, velvety tones with rich harmonics. In the bridge position, the ’57 Classic+ pickup utilizes overwound coils to add a little extra bite to the vintage tone. In addition to the pickups, the hand-wired tone circuit ensures that each pickup’s tone is transmitted perfectly. If you like PAF pickups, you’ll love the ’57 Classics.
Old-school neck profile
The ES-339’s solid mahogany neck is reminiscent of the original neck profiles from the late ’50s and ’60s. The rounded “C” shape feels great in your hand the way only a vintage-styled guitar can. As you move up the neck, you’ll appreciate the glassy rosewood fingerboard and plek’d frets. Typically reserved for top-dollar custom guitars, this process levels the frets with pinpoint precision, providing you with the most playable fretboard you’re likely to own. Gibson lavished all of their incredible skill on the ES-339’s neck and fingerboard. Once you play it, you’ll feel the Gibson difference.
Hollowbody richness meets solidbody sustain
ES-339 was designed to have the same appeal of the ES-335 but with a smaller, more comfortable body shape. The result of this design choice makes the ES-339 an easy-to-play semi-hollow with amazing sustain. You’ll enjoy the hollowbody warmth without annoying feedback, thanks to the solid maple center block. Any guitarist of any caliber can appreciate the sound of the ES-339, but guitarists that perform nightly will find it to be a dream come true for comfort and tone.
Gibson ES-339 Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Big semi-hollowbody sound in a smaller size
- Maple and poplar body produces bright, lively tone
- Dual 57 Classic humbuckers deliver vintage Gibson tone
- Tune-O-Matic bridge and stop tailpiece provide superior vibration transfer and a classic look
- Rounded “C” neck plays easily, like the original ES guitars
- Grover tuners provide notable tuning stability
- Nickel hardware looks great against the finish
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSemi-hollowbody
- Body ShapeES-339
- Body MaterialAAA Maple/Poplar
- Body FinishGloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- ColorSixties Cherry
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapeRounded C
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayAcrylic Small Blocks
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.695″
- Nut MaterialGraphTech NuBone
- Bridge/TailpieceABR-1 Tune-O-Matic Bridge with Aluminum Stopbar
- TunersGrover Rotomatics with Kidney buttons
- Neck Pickup57 Classic Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup57 Classic+ Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.