Gibson’s latest ES-345 semi-hollow looks and plays like a 335 enhanced. Intact are the original ’64 Split Parallelogram fingerboard inlays and rich multi-ply cream body binding. But gone are the 6-way Varitone circuit (loved by some, reviled by others) and stereo outputs. In their stead, you’ll find a standard two-volume/two-tone control complement and speedy 3-way toggle. Where things get really interesting are the handwired Calibrated T-Type pickups with Orange Drop caps. This gives the 345 a mature and expressive tone that rivals some of the finest Thinlines ever built. The Gibson ES-345 also features a ’50s-style Rounded “C” mahogany neck — a decidedly chunkier profile than the ’60s SlimTaper — joined to a 3-ply maple-poplar archtop body with bold Adirondack spruce bracing for great tone and attack. Paired with Gibson’s acclaimed ABR-1 TOM bridge and aluminum stopbar for enhanced performance and stylized by a set of Vintage Keystone tuners and Black Top Hat knobs with Silver Reflectors, the ES-345 is one playing experience you’re not likely to soon forget.
As with the classic 345, Gibson’s latest sports deluxe acrylic Split Parallelogram fingerboard inlays and stunning 3-ply cream body binding. These appointments and more provide a feast for the eyes in today’s Gibson ES-345.
Classic Rounded “C” neck profile
Wrap your hand around the ES-345’s Rounded C mahogany neck, and you’ll know you’re in for something special. Full enough to remain comfortable all the way up and down the fingerboard, yet fast enough for fleet-fingered technical players, the ES-345’s neck is a recipe for satisfying tone and performance.
- Looks and plays like a 335 enhanced
- Rich Split Parallelogram fingerboard inlays
- Deluxe 3-ply cream body binding
- Familiar 4-knob + toggle control scheme
- Calibrated T-Type humbuckers, handwired with Orange Drop capacitors, deliver expressive tone
- Classic 3-ply maple/poplar body forms a strong tonal foundation
- Adirondack spruce body bracing enhances stability and projection
- ’50s-style Rounded “C” mahogany neck comfortably fills the hand
- TOM bridge and aluminum stoptail maximize intonation
- Sports Vintage Keystone tuners and Black Top Hat knobs with Silver Reflectors