Call For Price
Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Maple Top, Mahogany Neck, Ebony Fingerboard, and 2 Humbucking Pickups – Ebony
The One, the Only Les Paul Custom
With its sonic punch, fluid playability, and classic “tuxedo” appointments, the Les Paul Custom is equal parts elegance and brute strength. Fitted with a matched 490/498 humbucker set that takes you from mellow jazz tones to full shred with a pinky twist, this majestic beast is ultra-responsive to your touch. Its fast-action neck, smooth-as-silk ebony fingerboard, and medium jumbo frets facilitate the speedy, dexterous fretwork we’ve heard across prog, fusion, and hard rock genres from guitar virtuosos like Robert Fripp, Al Di Meola, and Zakk Wylde. Gibson’s Custom Shop luthiers selected premium mahogany for the body and capped it with a 2-piece carved maple top — a classic recipe for rich, sustaining, articulate tone that’ll slice right through the mix.
A tradition of effortless playability
The Gibson Les Paul Custom is well known for its playability; many guitarists use the word “effortless” to describe it. Soon after its 1954 introduction, players (and Gibson literature) started referring to it as the “Fretless Wonder.” It wasn’t fretless, of course, but Gibson had fitted the Custom with flat, low-profile frets, which allowed your fingers to fly over the fingerboard. Today’s LP Custom is equipped with medium jumbo frets more suited to contemporary playing styles, but ultra-playability remains a hallmark of this iconic solidbody electric guitar.
A classic tonewood recipe for sustain and articulation
Although the original Les Paul Custom had an all-mahogany body, today’s Custom features a mahogany body with a carved 2-piece maple top. This combination serves up the density needed for massive sustain and precise note articulation. The result is a highly playable instrument that looks and sounds incredible. Gold hardware provides a crowning finishing touch for the Les Paul Custom.
Matched humbucker set delivers a universe of tone
This Les Paul Custom is spec’d with a matched pair of 490/498 humbuckers. Naturally, these pickups really shine when pumping out the classic fat, snarling tone that is the Les Paul’s stock-in-trade. They are delightfully responsive, though — simply roll back the volume, and they clean up beautifully. Guitarists love this pickup combo, and so will you. Whether you’re delivering your musical message with mellow jazz tones, bone-rattling crunch, or a blistering liquid inferno — the Les Paul Custom rewards your touch with world-class responsiveness.
Gibson voiced the pickups on the Les Paul Custom for tonal characteristics similar to their ’57 Classics, but with a slight increase in the upper mids for a more contemporary humbucker sound. The neck-position 490R gives you the tonal characteristics of an original PAF, albeit with a slight upper-mid bump, which delivers clarity and definition that complement the wonderfully warm sound of this pickup: great for tasty, chimey rhythm work. Gibson’s 498T alnico humbucker is the ideal bridge pickup if your playing requires an emphasis on mids and highs. A high-output version of the 490T, this pickup combines a slightly hotter Alnico V magnet with a specially wound coil combination. The result is increased crunch and sustain — a potent sonic elixir for heavier music styles. Each pickup’s pole pieces are aligned to match the string spacing at the neck and bridge, respectively.
Nitro finish, for the look and feel of a classic
This Les Paul Custom wears a gorgeous nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Nitro finishes — standard back in the day — are significantly thinner than today’s polyurethane finishes, allowing the guitar to “breathe.” Nitro finishes not only look amazing, but they also enhance the instrument’s tonal qualities. This guitar has the look and feel of a lovingly cared-for classic — one that will only improve with age.
Gibson Custom Les Paul Custom Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- An iconic solidbody electric from one of the world’s renowned guitar makers
- Mahogany body, carved 2-piece maple top; nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck; nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Ebony fingerboard, 12″ radius, 22 medium jumbo frets, mother-of-pearl block inlays
- Bridge pickup: 498T humbucker
- Neck pickup: 490R humbucker
- 3-way pickup selector
- Bridge and neck volume controls
- Bridge and neck tone controls
- Tune-o-matic bridge with stopbar tailpiece
- 1.69″ Corian nut; Grover kidney tuners
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeLes Paul Custom
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Top Material2-piece Plain Maple
- Body FinishGloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialEbony
- Fingerboard InlayMother-of-Pearl Blocks
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.6875″
- Nut MaterialCorian
- Bridge/TailpieceTune-O-Matic with Stopbar
- TunersGrover Kidney
- Neck Pickup490R Bass Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup498T Treble Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch