Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Maple Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, and 2 Single-coil Pickups – Natural Walnut
Legendary Slab-body Rocker
Do you want to harness the primal sound of rock? Then strap on the Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute. That’s exactly what it delivers. This slab-bodied wonder has been pushing aggressive-sounding grind through its duo of P-90 single-coil pickups since the 1950s. The guitar’s mahogany body helps give those P-90s a bit more warmth, ensuring its tone is always full and fat. And of course, its iconic stripped-down silhouette and finish will inspire your most raw-sounding riffs every time you pull the Les Paul Special Tribute from its case.
Single-cutaway mahogany slab body
When you strap on the Les Paul Special Tribute, you’ll find everything you need at your fingertips, and nothing you don’t. Originally designed as student models, the Les Paul Specials did away with any frivolous decor and added switching for a bare-bones approach. It’s this approach that made believers from such iconic guitarists as Leslie West, Johnny Thunders, Bob Marley, and Johnny A.
The P-90: dare to sound different
We have many fiercely loyal P-90 fans here. These guitarists know that the P-90 offers a unique tonal palette that is distinct from — and complements — humbuckers and traditional single-coils. Gibson’s first successful single-coil pickup, the P-90 can be heard on countless classic recordings. With its biting treble and high output, the P-90 cleans up nicely when you roll back your guitar’s volume pot. It’s an amazingly versatile pickup with its own brand of grit — a bit brighter, leaner, and less refined than a humbucker, and almost as hot. Hit your amp hard, and the P-90 really wails. Plugged into a proper high-gain tube amp, you can elicit grind, sizzle, and bark that would be impossible with humbuckers — or with other single-coils, for that matter. To hear P-90s brilliantly deployed in historical context, check out Santana’s fiery Woodstock performance or The Who’s masterful Live at Leeds album.
Plek’d for precision playability
This Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute DC feels fast and precise, thanks in large part to Plek processing. Typically reserved for top-dollar custom guitars, this process levels the frets with pinpoint precision, providing you with the most playable fretboard you’re likely to own. Each note rings loud and clear, and the fret edges feel smooth as silk.
Nitro finish, for the look and feel of a classic
Gibson gave the Les Paul Special Tribute a gorgeous satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Nitro finishes — standard back in the day — are significantly thinner than today’s polyurethane finishes, allowing the guitar to “breathe.” Nitro finishes not only look vintage-y wonderful; they also enhance the instrument’s tonal qualities. This guitar has the look (and feel) of a lovingly cared-for classic — one that will only improve with age.
Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute Features:
- Legendary, stripped-down electric guitar
- Mahogany body offers harmonic warmth
- 24.75″ scale length delivers a slinky feel to the strings
- 2 P-90 single-coil pickups balance chime with midrange heft
- Iconic slab-body design
- Maple neck with fast-feeling Rounded neck profile
- Easy-playing rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium-jumbo frets and Graph Tech nut
- Vintage Deluxe tuners offer spot-on intonation
- Gorgeous satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish