Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Mahogany Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, and 2 Single-coil Pickups – TV Yellow
Single-cut Special with P-90 Pickups and a Period Neck
Countless players have found the Gibson Les Paul Special, with its lightweight design and unique tonal response, to be easy to pick up yet impossible to put down. So it is with today’s Les Paul Special; its easy-gigging weight and P-90 chunk ’n’ chime will earn this guitar a special place in any serious guitarist’s collection. A breathable nitrocellulose lacquer finish, handwired electronics, and a vintage ’50s mahogany neck make this single-cut a dead ringer for yesterday’s sought-after classics. Yet modern performance options, which include a factory fret Plek treatment, make today’s Gibson Les Paul Special a force to be reckoned with.
Lightweight mahogany body
Originally released in 1955 as a lighter alternative to the back-breaking Les Paul Standard, the solid-mahogany Gibson Les Paul Special has given players a tone, response, and comfort all its own. Today’s Les Paul Special packs all the appeal of the timeless design in a great-playing and well-equipped modern form.
Nitro lacquer finish
Like the original, this Les Paul Special comes finished in a lightweight nitrocellulose lacquer. Nitro finishes are significantly thinner than modern polyurethane finishes. Not only is this approach period-correct, but some also suggest that this allows the guitar to “breathe” for improved sonics and, over time, to take on the look of a lovingly cared-for classic.
P-90 pickups with Orange Drop caps
If you consider yourself among the ranks of the many fiercely loyal P-90 fans, as so many of us here do, you already know the unique tonal palette this pickup pairing brings to the iconic Les Paul Special. It’s an amazingly versatile sound with its own brand of grit — a bit brighter, leaner, and less refined than a humbucker, though almost as hot. Hit your amp hard, and the Les Paul Special’s P-90s really wail. Plugged into a proper tube amp, you can elicit grind, sizzle, and bark that would be impossible to achieve with other more common pickup types. Handwired controls complete with classic-era Orange Drop capacitors round out the GIbson Les Paul Special’s choice electronics.
Plek’d for precision playability
The Gibson Les Paul Special plays fast and precise right out of the case, thanks in large part to its Plek fret treatment. Typically reserved for top-dollar custom guitars, this computer-guided process levels frets with pinpoint precision, providing one of the most consistent fingerboards you’ll ever own. Each note rings loud and clear, and the fret edges feel as smooth as silk. With today’s Les Paul Special playing and sounding as great as it does, it’ll be hard to justify spending money on a vintage model.
Gibson Les Paul Special Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- A single-cut Special with P-90 pickups and a period neck
- Classic, lightweight mahogany slab body
- Hand-filling vintage ’50s mahogany neck
- Rosewood fingerboard with Plek’d medium jumbo frets
- 2 single-coil P-90 pickups
- Handwired with Orange Drop capacitors
- Breathable nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeLes Paul Special
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Body FinishGloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- ColorTV Yellow
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapeVintage 50s
- Neck JointSet NEck
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayAcrylic Dots
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.695″
- Nut MaterialGraphTech
- TunersVintage Deluxe
- Neck PickupP-90 Single-coil
- Bridge PickupP-90 Single-coil
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch