Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Maple Top, Mahogany Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, and 2 Humbucking Pickups – Pelham Blue
Get Your Hands on a Golden-age Gibson
Inspired by the legendary Les Pauls of the late 1950s, Gibson’s Les Paul Standard ’50s Plain Top delivers all the best of golden-era Gibson tones, looks, and vibe. This guitar’s mahogany body and maple top deliver a one-two sonic punch of warmth and clarity, marked by the mammoth sustain that’s defined the Les Paul since 1952. Under the hood, two Burstbucker pickups brim with an open, airy, and dynamic PAF-style punch. Fans of a chunky neck will be sure to appreciate the old-school chunk of the mahogany neck’s ’50s Vintage profile, while the 12-inch-radius Indian rosewood fingerboard’s 22 frets are Plek’d to perfection. A thin nitrocellulose finish completes the package, allowing your guitar gracefully age and develop over time — just like Gibson’s original 1950s Les Pauls!
Full-feeling ’50s Vintage neck profile
Les Paul fanatics who prefer a chunky neck will find much to love in this guitar’s ’50s Vintage mahogany neck. Full, round, and not too substantial, the ’50s Vintage neck profile harkens back to the Les Paul’s earliest days, when baseball bat necks were the norm, not the exception. And while this guitar’s robust neck construction certainly dictates the instrument’s feel, many guitarists contend that a mammoth neck is key to the Les Paul’s prodigious sustain. It’s all topped off with a beautiful slab of Indian rosewood, then finished off with a classic 12-inch radius and acrylic trapezoid fingerboard inlays. Finally, a precision Plek job from Gibson’s luthiers ensures that the Les Paul Standard ’50s Plain Top features some of the finest fretwork in the guitar world, playing cleanly up and down the neck.
The power of the PAF
No other Gibson pickup boasts the pedigree of the PAF (Patent Applied For) humbucker, a pickup that set the humbucker standard upon its introduction in the late 1950s. The Les Paul Standard ’50s Plain Top’s Burstbucker 1 and Burstbucker 2 pickups offer an ultra-authentic sonic re-creation of the PAF, including an unpotted construction, Alnico II magnets, and a lower-output asymmetrical wind. The result? An open, airy, and articulate tone that captures all the warmth and dynamics you’d expect from a vintage humbucker, with an extra helping of crystal-clear note definition. Plus, while vintage Les Pauls had identical PAF pickups in both the neck and bridge, the Les Paul Standard ’50s Plain Top’s bridge-position Burstbucker 2 sports a slightly hotter tone to better balance with the neck-position Burstbucker 1’s output.
A truly timeless tonewood duo
Maple and mahogany. This combination might be an absolute staple of the guitar world now, but it’s worth mentioning that Gibson introduced it with the very guitars that the Les Paul Standard ’50s Plain Top re-creates. Why does it work so well? The stout slab of mahogany that forms the Les Paul Standard ’50s Plain Top’s body gives you a warm, rich, and resonant tonal foundation. However, vintage-style Les Pauls are all about clarity, hence the treble-enhancing carved maple top, an elegant upgrade modeled after Gibson’s iconic archtop guitars that preceded the Les Paul. And somewhere in this lauded solidbody, single-cut tonewood formula lies the secret to Les Paul’s most revered feature — a simply unparalleled level of sustain!
Gibson Les Paul Standard ’50s Plain Top Electric Guitar Features:
- All the feel, tone, and vibe of a late 1950s Les Paul Standard
- Mahogany body provides ample tonal warmth, while the maple top boosts treble response and note definition
- Chunky mahogany neck in a full-feeling ’50s Vintage profile
- 12-inch-radius Indian rosewood fingerboard, precision Plek’d for immaculate fretwork
- Burstbucker 1 and Burstbucker 2 pickups produce an ultra-authentic re-creation of the earliest PAF pickups
- Handwired electronics, with Orange Drop capacitors for period-correct authenticity
- Exceptionally stable ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge and aluminum stopbar tailpiece
- Elegant Vintage Deluxe tuners with gorgeous Keystone buttons
- Classic 1950s-era Les Paul Standard aesthetic appointments, including acrylic trapezoid inlays, single-ply body and neck binding, and mother-of-pearl headstock logo
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeLes Paul
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Top MaterialMaple
- Body FinishNitrocellulose Lacquer
- ColorPelham Blue
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck Shape50s Vintage
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialIndian Rosewood
- Fingerboard InlayAcrylic Trapezoid
- Number of Frets22
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut MaterialGraphTech
- Bridge/TailpieceABR-1 Tune-O-Matic/Aluminum Stop Bar
- TunersVintage Deluxe
- Neck PickupGibson Burstbucker 1 Humbucker
- Bridge PickupGibson Burstbucker 2 Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch