Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that’s been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Left-handed Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Maple Top, Mahogany Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, and 2 Humbucking Pickups – Bourbon Burst
Les Paul Standard ’60s: Born to Rock
From its carved maple top to its stockpile of premium features, the Gibson Les Paul Standard ’60s is ready to rock. 60s Burstbucker pickups and handwired electronics deliver a massive tone arsenal. And you’ll enjoy effortless playability, courtesy of a fast SlimTaper profile neck and silky-smooth rosewood fingerboard with Plek’d frets. If you’ve been wanting a modern Les Paul with a slinky ’60s feel and premium appointments. The Gibson Les Paul Standard ’60s is the guitar you’ve been waiting for.
Burstbucker pickups deliver vintage PAF tone
When it comes to capturing vintage Patent Applied For (PAF) humbucker tone, nothing beats the sound of this Les Paul Standard’s 60s Burstbucker pickups. The year 1961 happens to be the year Gibson started using Alnico V magnets, which deliver greater touch sensitivity and high-frequency output. These magnets — along with period-correct unmatched windings on the bobbins — capture the subtle historical variations in true humbucker tone. Plug into your favorite amp, and experience smooth low-end response, complex midrange crunch, and sweet-sounding highs. These pickups sound great clean, or they can be used to push your amp into overdrive for the legendary fat, snarling tone you can only get with a humbucker. Under the hood, the control assembly is handwired with matched potentiometers and Orange Drop capacitors, ensuring that you’ll hear the mellifluous voice of your Les Paul Standard ’60s in all its glory, even when you back down your volume.
SlimTaper neck and Plek’d frets for optimized playability
Comfort and playability were two of Gibson’s primary concerns when they were designing the Les Paul Standard ’60s. You’ll be delighted by how this guitar’s SlimTaper neck profile comfortably fits your hand in just the right way. For your playing pleasure, the rosewood fingerboard is buffed to silky smoothness and bound with rolled edges so that no fret ends impede your dexterity. The frets are dressed to perfection using a Plek Pro machine for optimized playability. Typically reserved for top-dollar custom guitars, this process levels the frets with pinpoint precision, providing you with the most playable fretboard you’re likely to own.
Nitro finish for the look and feel of a classic
Gibson gave the Les Paul Standard ’60s a gorgeous nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Nitro finishes — standard back in the day — are significantly thinner than today’s polyurethane finishes, allowing the guitar to “breathe.” Nitro finishes not only look amazing, but they also enhance the instrument’s tonal qualities. The Les Paul Standard ’60s has the look and feel of a lovingly cared-for classic — one that will only improve with age.
Gibson Les Paul Standard ’60s Left-handed Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Mahogany body, figured maple top; gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck, SlimTaper profile, gloss nitro finish
- Rosewood fingerboard, 12″ radius, acrylic trapezoid inlays
- Plek Pro fret treatment for optimized playability
- 24.75″ scale length; 22 medium jumbo frets
- Bridge pickup: 60s Burstbucker humbucker
- Neck pickup: 60s Burstbucker humbucker
- Handwired electronics with Orange Drop capacitors
- 3-way pickup selector; per-pickup volume and tone controls
- ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge; stopbar tailpiece
- 1.695″ Graph Tech nut (proprietary Gibson formula)
- Grover Rotomatic tuning machines
- Single-action truss rod
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeLes Paul
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Top MaterialAA Figured Maple
- Body FinishGloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- ColorBourbon Burst
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapeSlim Taper
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayAcrylic Trapezoids
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.695″
- Nut MaterialGraphTech
- Bridge/TailpieceABR-1 Tune-O-Matic Bridge with Aluminum Stopbar Tailpiece
- TunersGrover Rotomatics
- Neck PickupGibson 60s Burstbucker Humbucker
- Bridge PickupGibson 60s Burstbucker Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch