Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Maple Top, Mahogany Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, and 2 Humbucking Pickups – Classic White
Wield Gibson’s Winning Formula
The Gibson Les Paul Standard ’60s Plain Top boasts the classic design that’s kept this solidbody electric guitar relevant, played, and loved throughout the decades. You get tried-and-true maple-over-mahogany construction, and its ’60s Burstbucker pickups milk every ounce of tone out of its musically resonant body. The Les Paul Standard ’60s Plain Top’s set mahogany neck wields Gibson’s time-tested SlimTaper profile, and its Plek’d 12-inch-radius Indian rosewood fingerboard offers playability that’s second to none. A Graph Tech nut, ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge, aluminum stopbar tailpiece, and Grover Rotomatic tuners with kidney buttons round out this Les Paul Standard’s hardware. You also get single-ply body and fingerboard binding, acrylic trapezoid fingerboard inlays, a mother-of-pearl headstock logo, and a spotlight-stealing nitrocellulose lacquer finish.
Vintage PAF tone
When it comes to bottling vintage Patent Applied For (PAF) humbucker tone, nothing beats the sound of this Les Paul Standard’s ’60s Burstbucker pickups. These magnets — along with period-correct unmatched windings on the bobbins — capture the subtle historical variations in true humbucker tone. Plug into your favorite amp and experience smooth low-end response, complex midrange crunch, and sweet-sounding highs. These pickups sound great clean, or they can be used to push your amp into overdrive for the legendary fat, snarling tone you can only get with a humbucker. Under the hood, the control assembly is handwired with audio-taper potentiometers and Orange Drop capacitors, ensuring you’ll hear the mellifluous voice of the Les Paul Standard ’60s Plain Top in all its glory, even when you back down your volume.
SlimTaper neck and Plek’d frets
Comfort and playability were Gibson’s primary concerns when designing the Les Paul Standard ’60s Plain Top. You’ll be delighted by how this guitar’s SlimTaper neck profile comfortably fits your hand just the right way. For your playing pleasure, the rosewood fingerboard is buffed to silky smoothness and bound with rolled edges so that no fret ends impede your dexterity. The frets are dressed to perfection using a Plek Pro machine for optimized playability. Typically reserved for top-dollar custom guitars, this process levels the frets with pinpoint precision, providing you with the most playable fretboard you’ll likely own.
Classic nitrocellulose lacquer finish
Gibson gave the Les Paul Standard ’60s Plain Top a gorgeous nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Nitro finishes — standard back in the day — are significantly thinner than today’s polyurethane finishes, allowing the guitar to “breathe.” Nitro finishes not only look amazing, but they also enhance the instrument’s tonal qualities. The Les Paul Standard ’60s Plain Top has the look and feel of a lovingly cared-for classic — one that will only improve with age.
Gibson Les Paul Standard ’60s Plain Top Electric Guitar Features:
- Tried-and-true maple-over-mahogany construction
- ’60s Burstbucker pickups deliver authentic ’60s-era PAF tones
- Handwired control assembly with audio-taper potentiometers and Orange Drop capacitors
- Set mahogany neck wields Gibson’s time-tested SlimTaper profile
- Plek’d 12-inch-radius Indian rosewood fingerboard offers playability that’s second to none
- Graph Tech nut, ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge, aluminum stopbar tailpiece, and Grover Rotomatic tuners with kidney buttons
- Single-ply body and fingerboard binding, acrylic trapezoid fingerboard inlays, and a mother-of-pearl headstock logo
- Spotlight-stealing nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeLes Paul
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Top MaterialMaple
- Body FinishNitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapeSlim Taper
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialIndian Rosewood
- Fingerboard InlayAcrylic Trapezoid
- Number of Frets22
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut MaterialGraphTech
- Bridge/TailpieceABR-1 Tune-O-Matic/Aluminum Stop Bar
- TunersGrover Rotomatic
- Neck PickupGibson 60s Burstbucker Humbucker
- Bridge PickupGibson 60s Burstbucker Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch