Gibson Les Paul Standard’s Burstbucker pickups deliver vintage PAF tone
When it comes to capturing vintage Patent Applied For (PAF) humbucker tone, nothing beats the sound of the Gibson Les Paul Standard’s Burstbucker 61 pickups. These humbuckers pay tribute to 1961, which happens to be the year Gibson started using Alnico V magnets, providing these pickups with greater touch sensitivity and high-frequency output. These magnets — along with period-correct unmatched windings on the bobbins — capture the subtle historical variations in true humbucker tone. Plug this Gibson Les Paul Standard into your favorite amp, and experience smooth low-end response, complex midrange crunch, and sweet-sounding highs. These pickups sound great clean, or they can be used to push your amp into overdrive for the legendary fat, snarling tone you can only get with a humbucker. Under the hood, the control assembly is handwired with matched potentiometers and Orange Drop capacitors, ensuring that you’ll hear the mellifluous voice of your Les Paul Standard ’60s in all its glory, even when you back down your volume.
SlimTaper neck and Plek’d frets for optimized playability
Comfort and playability were two of Gibson’s primary concerns when they were designing the Les Paul Standard ’60s. You’ll be delighted by how this guitar’s SlimTaper neck profile comfortably fits your hand in just the right way. For your playing pleasure, the rosewood fingerboard is buffed to silky smoothness and bound with rolled edges so that no fret ends impede your dexterity. The frets on the Gibson Les Paul Standard ’60s are dressed to perfection using a Plek Pro machine for optimized playability. Typically reserved for top-dollar custom guitars, this process levels the frets with pinpoint precision, providing you with the most playable fretboard you’re likely to own.
Nitro finish for the look and feel of a classic
Gibson gave the Les Paul Standard ’60s a gorgeous nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Nitro finishes — standard back in the day — are significantly thinner than today’s polyurethane finishes, allowing the guitar to “breathe.” Nitro finishes not only look amazing, but they also enhance the instrument’s tonal qualities. The Gibson Les Paul Standard ’60s has the look and feel of a lovingly cared-for classic — one that will only improve with age.
- Mahogany body, figured maple top; gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck, SlimTaper profile, gloss nitro finish
- Rosewood fingerboard, 12″ radius, acrylic trapezoid inlays
- Plek Pro fret treatment for optimized playability
- 24.75″ scale length; 22 medium jumbo frets
- Bridge pickup: Burstbucker 61T humbucker
- Neck pickup: Burstbucker 61R humbucker
- Handwired electronics with Orange Drop capacitors
- 3-way pickup selector; per-pickup volume and tone controls
- ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge; stopbar tailpiece
- 1.695″ Graph Tech nut (proprietary Gibson formula)
- Grover Rotomatic tuning machines
- Single-action truss rod