*PRETTY BEAT UP, PLENTY OF DINGS AND SCRATCHES THROUGHOUT*
Call For Price
Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are vprofessional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar with Curly Maple Top/Back/Sides, 3-pc Maple Neck, Rosewood Fretboard, 2 x Humbucking Pickups, and Hard Case
A Combination of Two Classics
Not every Gibson guitar traces its heritage back to the so-called “Golden Years” of American Guitars, which is widely accepted to be most of the 1950s and into the 1960s. The Gibson Custom ES-137 semi-hollowbody electric is a perfect example. Gibson never built any instrument quite like this until recently. It clearly combines two distinctive influences: the look of Gibson’s single cutaway, semi-hollowbodies and the hot sound of a Les Paul Classic. Is it a blues guitar? A rock guitar? Or perhaps a jazz guitar? The answer is, it’s all of these. With a curly maple semi-hollowbody and a mahogany centerblock it can play clean jazz or fusion lines, but crank your amp to “11” and the ES-137 semi-hollowbody screams just like a Les Paul.
Gibson Custom ES-137 Classic Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- A 21st-century Gibson design
- Middle-of-the-road neck profile
- Two hot humbuckers – 490R (neck) and 498T (bridge)
A 21st-century Gibson design
First made in 2002, the Gibson Custom ES-137 Classic was an instant hit with its wide array of tones, as well as the handsome lines which evoke those great old Gibson archtops – but this time in a thinner, semi-hollowbody design. It still keeps the traditional f-holes, but thanks to the thinline design, feedback is kept under control. The modern humbuckers can go from dark and smoky to full-out snarl, all depending upon your choice of amplification or outboard gear. No matter what style you play, the ES-137 Classic is ready to perform.
Middle-of-the-road neck profile
The ES-137’s neck profile was designed for balanced performance: not as big as those huge 1958 Les Paul necks, but neither is it as thin as the 1960s “slim taper” neck profiles. The combination of a nicely rounded three-piece maple neck and the warmth of a rosewood fingerboard is what the ES-137 Classic is all about. It’s a recipe for great tone, as well as exceptional playability in both rhythm and lead roles.
Two hot humbuckers – 490R (neck) and 498T (bridge)
Today’s humbuckers truly have it all: complex midrange, punchy lows and a smooth top end that won’t make your teeth hurt. For those seeking the often overused “out-of-phase” session sound which ruled the airwaves back in the 1980s, you won’t find it here. If you’re looking for a pickup that starts out clean and can really smoke when your amp is on 11, the ES-137 Classic has the tone you’re after.
Gibson Custom ES-137 Classic Features:
- Semi-hollowbody guitar combines the look and style of a hollowbody guitar with the tone and feel of a Les Paul
- Color: Tea Burst
- Curly maple top/back/sides for detailed tones with excellent snap and definition
- Solid mahogany centerblock enhances sustain while reducing resonance
- Three-piece maple neck with rounded profile
- 490R and 498T humbucking pickups have a wide tonal range
Experience the tonal richness and depth of the Gibson Custom ES-137 Classic semi-hollowbody electric guitar!