Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Mahogany Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, and 1 Single-coil Pickup – Vintage Cherry
Classic Reissue from Gibson
Don’t let the tag “Junior” fool you. There is nothing small about this classic reissue. Today’s Gibson SG Junior stays true to its historical roots and brings the past into the present without compromise. With thick, punchy tone that translates through gritty rock ’n’ roll to blues to raw garage-punk, the SG Junior is a workhorse axe that has been front and center in all these styles in the hands of some of the most legendary players of the past 50 years. Featuring a lightweight mahogany body and one absolutely red-hot P-90 pickup, this guitar brings the heat and a surprising level of versatility. The SG Junior also has the SlimTaper neck that so many players have come to love.
P-90 power and punch
We have many fiercely loyal P-90 fans here at Sweetwater. These guitarists know that the P-90 offers a unique tonal palette that is distinct from — and complements — humbuckers and traditional single-coils. Gibson’s first successful single-coil pickup, the P-90 can be heard on countless classic recordings. With its biting treble and high output, the P-90 cleans up nicely when you roll back your guitar’s volume pot. It’s an amazingly versatile pickup with its own brand of grit — a bit brighter, leaner, and less refined than a humbucker and almost as hot. Hit your amp hard, and the P-90 really wails. Plugged into a proper high-gain tube amp, you can elicit grind, sizzle, and bark that would be impossible with humbuckers — or with other single-coils, for that matter. To hear P-90s brilliantly deployed in historical context, check out Santana’s fiery Woodstock performance or the Who’s masterful Live at Leeds album.
SlimTaper neck and Plek’d frets for optimized playability
Comfort and playability were two of Gibson’s primary concerns when they were designing the SG Junior. You’ll be delighted by how this guitar’s fast SlimTaper neck profile comfortably fits your hand in just the right way. For your playing pleasure, the rosewood fingerboard is buffed to silky smoothness and bound with rolled edges so that no fret ends impede your dexterity. The frets are dressed to perfection using a Plek Pro machine for optimized playability. Typically reserved for top-dollar custom guitars, this process levels the frets with pinpoint precision, providing you with the most playable fretboard you’re likely to own.
Nitro finish for the look and feel of a classic
Gibson gave the SG Junior a gorgeous nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Nitro finishes — standard back in the day — are significantly thinner than today’s polyurethane finishes, allowing the guitar to “breathe.” Nitro finishes not only look amazing, but they also enhance the instrument’s tonal qualities. The Les Paul Standard ’50s has the look and feel of a lovingly cared-for classic — one that will only improve with age.
Gibson SG Junior Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Mahogany body, gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck, SlimTaper profile, gloss nitro finish
- Rosewood fingerboard, 12″ radius, acrylic dot inlays
- 24.75″ scale length; 22 medium jumbo frets
- P-90 single-coil bridge pickup
- Master volume and tone controls
- 1.695″ Graph Tech nut (proprietary Gibson formula)
- Wraparound bridge; Vintage Deluxe tuners
- Single-action truss rod