The Gibson SG is already a rock icon, but Gibson has upped the ante with the SG Modern. This guitar’s bevy of cutting-edge enhancements includes an eye-popping AA figured maple top, a Graph Tech nut, rock-solid Grover tuners, and push-pull coil tapping. Take hold of the speedy 24-fret SlimTaper neck topped with a bound ebony fretboard, and let ’er rip with a lick or two. Feel the power generated by two split-coil Burstbucker Pro humbuckers. The Gibson SG Modern is way more than an update of a classic solidbody electric — it’s everything a modern rocker could want in a guitar.
A lean, mean tone machine
The Gibson SG, famous for its comfortable, fast-action neck, is a perennial favorite among guitarists at Sweetwater. Whether you’re chording down low or soloing up high, the distinctive SlimTaper neck carve always feels just right. The guitar’s iconic double-horned cutaway gives you free access to the high registers, while its bound, Plek’d fretboard ensures effortless playability. The Gibson SG Modern is a lean, mean tone machine.
Matched Burstbucker Pro pickup set and high-performance switching
Burstbucker Pro pickups deliver the vintage flavor of Gibson’s popular Burstbuckers, enhanced with the addition of Alnico V magnets. Fat and meaty, with gobs of drive and attack, the Burstbucker Pro serves up a sweet harmonic complexity and bell-like clarity courtesy of slightly unmatched bobbin windings. It’s the classic Gibson PAF tone — with extra attitude. Routed through electronics featuring two push-pull volume controls for access to coil-tapped single-coil tones, the Gibson SG Modern gives you the tonal mastery to ace any gig or recording session.
- Classic SG style with eye-popping figured maple top and modern appointments
- Comfortable, lightweight mahogany body
- Fast mahogany SlimTaper neck
- Bound ebony fingerboard with mother-of-pearl trapezoid inlays
- Plek’d fretboard for effortless playability
- Burstbucker Pro Rhythm and Burstbucker Pro Lead humbuckers
- Dual push-pull volume controls switch pickups between single-coil and humbucking operation
- Nashville Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece