Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Maple Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, and 2 Humbucking Pickups – Natural Walnut
SG Standard Tribute: Play the Legend
Immortalized by Santana at Woodstock and smashed onstage by Townshend, the Gibson SG is a rock icon. Gibson’s Nashville-made SG Standard Tribute is the real deal, arming you with a pair of toneful humbuckers, a fast, comfortable rounded-profile neck, and a silky Plek’d rosewood fretboard with action that’s almost nonexistent. The SG’s lightweight mahogany body delivers great sustain and no pain, even if you play all night. And the satin nitro finish looks and feels great while enhancing the tone of this legendary solidbody electric guitar. Own your piece of rock history: the Gibson SG Standard Tribute.
Matched humbucker set delivers real-deal PAF tone
Gibson voiced the pickups on the SG Standard Tribute for tonal characteristics similar to classic late-period PAF humbuckers, but with a slight increase in the upper mids for a more contemporary sound. The 490 matched pickup set really shines when pumping out the classic fat, snarling tone that is the SG’s stock in trade. These pups are delightfully responsive, though — simply roll back the volume, and they clean up beautifully. We love this pickup combo, and we know you will too. Whether you’re delivering your musical message with mellow jazz tones, bone-rattling crunch, or a blistering liquid inferno, the SG Standard Tribute rewards your touch with world-class responsiveness. The pole pieces of the 490R and 490T (Rhythm and Treble) pickups are aligned to match the string spacing at the neck and bridge, respectively.
Rounded neck carve and Plek’d frets for optimized playability
Comfort and playability were two of Gibson’s primary concerns when they were designing the SG Standard Tribute. You’ll be delighted by how this guitar’s rounded “C” neck profile comfortably fills your hand in just the right way. For your playing pleasure, the rosewood fingerboard is buffed to silky smoothness. The frets are dressed to perfection using a Plek Pro machine for optimized playability. Typically reserved for top-dollar custom guitars, this process levels the frets with pinpoint precision, providing you with the most playable fretboard you’re likely to own.
Nitro finish for the look and feel of a classic
The SG Standard Tribute wears a gorgeous satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Nitro finishes — standard back in the day — are significantly thinner than today’s polyurethane finishes, allowing the guitar to “breathe.” Nitro finishes not only look vintage-y wonderful, but they also enhance the instrument’s tonal qualities. This guitar has the look (and feel) of a lovingly cared-for classic — one that will only improve with age.
Gibson SG Standard Tribute Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Comfortable, lightweight, iconic doubled-horned mahogany body
- Fast maple rounded-profile neck with rosewood fingerboard and 22 frets
- Plek’d frets for effortless playability
- 24.75″ scale length; 1.695″-wide Graph Tech nut
- Humbucking pickups: 490R neck; 490T bridge
- Nashville Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece
- Classic black top hat knobs
- Vintage Deluxe tuners with keystone buttons
- Nickel-plated hardware
- 2 volume, 2 tone controls; 3-way toggle pickup selector
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeSG Standard Tribute
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Body FinishSatin Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- ColorNatural Walnut
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeRounded
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayAcrylilc Dots
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.695″
- Nut MaterialGraphTech
- Bridge/TailpieceNashville Tune-O-Matic with Stopbar
- TunersVintage Deluxe
- Neck Pickup490R Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup490T Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch