Once again, Gibson celebrates “The King of the Flat-tops” with the SJ-200 Studio. This Super Jumbo acoustic features a solid Sitka spruce top and rosewood back and sides — a tonewood pairing renowned for its rich, full tone steeped in thick low end and upfront high end. A gorgeous mahogany Advanced Response neck with rosewood fingerboard offers impeccable playability and feel — ideal for flat-picking or big, wide-open strumming. The SJ-200 Studio also features a slim body depth, making it the most comfortable SJ-200 Gibson has ever produced. And with a LR Baggs pickup, the SJ-200 Studio delivers outstanding amplified acoustic tone when you plug in. Play the SJ-200 Studio and you will know why it was a favorite among so many early rock and rollers. From Elvis to Keith Richards, the SJ-200 graced many stages and was front and center on numerous classic recordings.
LR Baggs Element Bronze acoustic pickup system
To provide you with a natural sound that faithfully captures the true character of your guitar, Gibson selected LR Baggs’ Element Bronze electronics. The Element Bronze features a low-profile under-saddle transducer with a unique flexible sensing element, which — at only the thickness of a hair — is highly responsive to string vibrations. Unlike other under-saddle pickups, the Element Bronze does not respond to pressure, thereby eliminating the notorious piezo “quack!” Instead, you’re treated to a warm, open, and dynamic amplified acoustic tone with a delicate high end, crisp mids, and focused lows. Now, when you step onstage, you’ll never feel like you’re sacrificing your tone for the convenience of plugging in!
Super Jumbo body slimmed down for more comfortable play
Gibson’s Super Jumbo guitars were originally built to cut through the loudest acoustic ensembles, allowing them to compete with the mandolins and banjos that were prevalent in “pre-amplified” times. The SJ-200 Studio’s slimmer body depth still delivers huge volume and is even more comfortable to play for hours on stage or at home.
- Classic acoustic with vintage appointments and materials for a one-of-a-kind playing experience
- Solid spruce top with rosewood back and sides delivers big, rich tone and incredible volume
- LR Baggs Element Bronze acoustic pickup system delivers outstanding amplified acoustic tone when you plug in
- Gorgeous mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard offers impeccable playability and feel
- No-stamp pickguard and iconic Moustache bridge — vintage, stage-ready appointments
- Mother-of-pearl Graduated Crown inlays look amazing
- Genuine bone nut and saddle enhance tone
- Classic Grover Rotomatic with kidney button tuners keep you in tune and look great on stage