A Value-packed Gretsch Semi-hollowbody with Bigsby
The G2622T Streamliner puts a genuine Gretsch semi-hollowbody electric guitar in your hands for a great value. It delivers an incredibly snappy, open tone thanks to its 5-ply arched maple body. Broad’Tron pickups balance out the Streamliner’s tone beautifully. A weight-relieved spruce center block imbues the Streamliner with true hollowbody tone while also keeping feedback under control — even in high-gain situations. Topped off with a Bigsby tailpiece for gentle vibrato effects, the Gretsch G2622T Streamliner delivers classic big-body sounds at a reasonable price.
5-ply maple body provides your tone with excellent definition
Maple has to be one of the most lively, bright, and colorful tonewoods out there, which is exactly why Gretsch decided to make their G2622T Streamliner almost entirely out of this wonderful wood. This semi-hollowbody’s 5-ply arched laminated body yields a wonderfully snappy, open tone that, when combined with the balanced character of its Broad’Tron pickups, cuts through a dense mix and sounds great in any situation.
Long spruce center block delivers feedback-free hollowbody tone
You get a lot of tonal bang for your buck with the Gretsch G2622T Streamliner thanks to its long spruce center block. Running the full length of the body, the center block allows the otherwise hollow body to resist resonant-frequency feedback. We’ve found that this weight-relieved center block lets us rock out louder, with more gain, without our amplifier squealing out of control. Spruce is a snappy tonewood too, and since the center block connects with the bridge, the Streamliner’s note definition, clarity, and sustain are amazing.
Three volume controls + one tone control = exceptional sonic flexibility
It’s easy to stereotype the Gretsch G2622T Streamliner until you play it, and then you realize you can pull off a lot of tonal tricks you may have figured weren’t within its grasp. With a volume control for each pickup, you can create your perfect balance between warmth, bite, and brilliance when both pickups are engaged. The master tone control lets you fine-tune your sound once you’ve got the pickups dialed in. And thanks to the master volume control, you can take your tube amp from clean to growling without changing the balance between your pickups. Of course, you’ll get sweet tone from the neck and bridge pickups individually, but there’s a lot of territory to cover when you combine them.
Bigsby tailpiece yields smooth vibrato action
Nothing beats the character and vintage vibe that a real Bigsby-style tailpiece adds to the Gretsch G2622T Streamliner. Based on the original design created by Paul A. Bigsby, this Bigsby Licensed tailpiece is effortless to use, making it particularly easy to pull off slow, subtle, and extended bends.
Gretsch G2622T Streamliner Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Semi-hollowbody electric guitar with classic Gretsch styling
- 5-ply maple body delivers an incredibly snappy, open tone
- Broad’Tron pickups balance out your tone beautifully
- Weight-relieved spruce center block yields feedback-free hollowbody tone
- Highly playable thin U-shaped nato neck with laurel fingerboard
- 3 volume controls and 1 tone control create exceptional sonic flexibility
- Bigsby tailpiece provides smooth vibrato action
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSemi-hollowbody
- Body ShapeStreamliner
- Body MaterialLaminated Maple
- Body FinishGloss
- Neck MaterialNato
- Neck ShapeThin U
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialLaurel
- Fingerboard InlayPearloid Big Blocks
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.6875″
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Bridge/TailpieceAnchored Adjusto-Matic with Bigsby B70
- TunersDie-cast NIckel
- Neck PickupBroad’Tron BT-2S Humbucker
- Bridge PickupBroad’Tron BT-2S Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume, 2 x volume (bridge/neck), 1 x master tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.