Double-cut Semi-hollowbody with Screaming P-90 Pickups
If you love the sound of a gained-up P-90, then you’re sure to love everything the Gretsch G2655-P90 Streamliner Center Block Jr. has to offer. This double-cut semi-hollow’s FideliSonic 90 pickups take the classic P-90 formula and add a distinct top-end sparkle and bite that help rhythms and leads cut through a mix like never before. And though these pickups effortlessly push amplifiers into overdrive, the G2655-P90’s spruce center block in the body resists feedback at loud volumes. On the performance side of things, an anchored Adjusto-Matic bridge with V-Stoptail keeps your tuning locked down tight. Together with its bold pickups and eye-catching curves, the Gretsch G2655-P90 Streamliner Center Block Jr. is a wonderful blend of old-school personality and modern tonal dexterity.
Classic Gretsch appearance
The G2655-P90 Streamliner Center Block Jr. sticks close to what has made Gretsch guitars so desirable over the years. A pair of F-holes divulges the guitar’s semi-hollowbody construction, with a thinline body that is very comfortable to play for longer gigs. The G2655-P90 is also decorated with vintage-vibed, 2-ply white-and-black binding that wraps the entire instrument. And the chrome hardware and pearloid block inlays ensure the G2655-P90 will look as great onstage.
Screamin’ P-90 tone
The G2655-P90 Streamliner Center Block Jr. blends vintage-style construction with a modern electronics package to deliver looks and tones that’ll inspire a new breed of Gretsch player. The semi-hollowbody design adds warmth and clarity to the guitar’s tone. But make no mistake: when cranked, the high-output FideliSonic 90 pickups deliver screaming tone when you need to cut through a mix. Feedback is kept nicely under control via the body’s spruce center block.
Thoughtfully built with the player in mind
Gretsch’s G2655-P90 Streamliner Center Block Jr. plays and feels every bit as good as it sounds. Its Thin “U”-neck profile is round enough that chording remains comfortable in all positions, while being thin enough to facilitate fleet-fingered single-note runs. The thinline, double-cutaway construction is comfortable against your body, and it gives you unimpeded access to the guitar’s highest frets. And the controls have even been thoughtfully laid out to not interfere with your picking hand technique.
Gretsch G2655-P-90 Streamliner Center Block Jr. Features:
- Double-cutaway semi-hollowbody guitar with high-output pickups
- Loaded with 2 single-coil FideliSonic 90 pickups
- Adds a distinct top-end bite to the classic P-90 formula
- Semi-hollow construction adds warmth while resisting feedback
- Anchored Adjusto-Matic bridge with V-Stoptail
- Thin “U” neck profile is comfortable
- Vintage-style ornamentation
Back to navigationTech Specs
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSemi-hollowbody
- Body ShapeG2655 Streamliner
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Body FinishGloss
- Neck MaterialNato
- Neck ShapeThin U
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialLaurel
- Fingerboard InlayPearloid Ovals
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.6″
- Nut Width1.6875″
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Bridge/TailpieceAnchored Adjusto-Matic Bridge with V Stoptail
- TunersDie-cast Sealed
- Neck PickupFideliSonic P-90 Single-coil
- Bridge PickupFideliSonic P-90 Single-coil
- Controls2 x volume, 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.