A High-gain Gretsch That Won’t Break the Bank
The Gretsch G2655 Streamliner Center Block Junior double-cutaway semi-hollowbody electric guitar was built for players looking for an affordable guitar that blends the identifiable Gretsch sound with high-gain rock tones. Two high-output, custom-wound Broad’Tron humbucking pickups effortlessly push amplifiers into overdrive, while the spruce center block in the body resists feedback at loud volumes. And an anchored Adjusto-Matic bridge with V-Stoptail keeps your tuning locked down tight. The Gretsch G2655 Streamliner Center Block Junior is a wonderful blend of old-school personality and new-age tonal dexterity.
Classic Gretsch appearance
The G2655 Streamliner Center Block Junior sticks close to what has made Gretsch guitars look so desirable over the years. A pair of F-holes divulges the guitar’s semi-hollowbody construction, with a thinline body that is very comfortable to play for longer gigs. The G2655 is also decorated with vintage-vibed, 2-ply white and black binding that wraps the entire instrument.
Vintage and modern tones
The G2655 Streamliner Center Block Junior uses vintage-style construction and a modern electronics package to deliver tones that will fit equally well with a low-wattage rockabilly band as it will through a high-gain amp stack. The semi-hollow design adds warmth and clarity to the guitar’s tone. But make no mistake: when cranked, the high-output, custom-wound Broad’Tron humbucking pickups are engineered to deliver screaming rock and fusion tones. Feedback is kept nicely under control via the body’s spruce center block.
Built with the player in mind
Gretsch’s G2655 Streamliner Center Block Junior plays and feels every bit as good as it sounds. Its Thin U neck profile is round enough that chording remains comfortable in all positions, while being thin enough to facilitate fleet-fingered single-note runs. The thinline, double-cutaway construction is comfortable against your body, and it gives you unimpeded access to the guitar’s highest frets. And the controls have even been thoughtfully laid out to not interfere with your picking hand technique.
Gretsch G2655 Streamliner Center Block Junior Semi-hollowbody Guitar Features:
- Double-cutaway semi-hollowbody guitar with high-output humbuckers
- 2 powerful Broad’Tron humbuckers
- Semi-hollow design adds warmth while resisting feedback
- Anchored Adjusto-Matic bridge with V-Stoptail
- Thin “U” neck profile is comfortable
- Vintage-style ornamentation
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSemi-hollowbody
- Body ShapeG2655 Streamliner Center Block Jr.
- Body MaterialLaminated Maple
- Top MaterialLaminated Maple
- Body FinishGloss
- ColorMidnight Sapphire
- Neck MaterialNato
- Neck ShapeThin U
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialLaurel
- Fingerboard InlayPearloid Big Blocks
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo, Nickel
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.6875″
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Bridge/TailpieceAnchored Adjusto-Matic with V-Stoptail
- Neck PickupBroad’Tron BT-25 Humbucker
- Bridge PickupBroad’Tron BT-25 Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 1 x master volume, 1 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.