Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
6-string Electric Guitar with Chambered Mahogany Body, Maple Top, Mahogany Neck, Laurel Fretboard, and 2 Humbucking Pickups – 2-tone Stone Platinum/Pearl Platinum
Take to the Skies with this 140th Anniversary Jet
Gretsch is celebrating their 140th anniversary, and with this celebration comes the Electromatic 140th Double Platinum Edition Jet. This axe carries the same authentic Gretsch style and appointments, with exciting new features for modern players. Built with a maple top, lightweight chambered mahogany body, and maple neck, you’ll find this guitar is just as stunning to maneuver as it sounds. And it’s all topped off with a pair of FT-5E Filter’Tron humbucking pickups, delivering crisp Jet tones that are easily manipulated with a 3-way pickup selector switch and a volume/tone knob duo to boot. Whether you’re a vintage guitar fanatic or devout shredder, you’ll find yourself in the annals of history with the Electromatic 140th Double Platinum Edition Jet.
New appointments, same old good looks
The Electromatic 140th Double Platinum Edition Jet left our guitarists speechless. With a collection of chrome hardware, a matching headstock, a Bigsby B50 vibrato tailpiece, and a commemorative 140th-anniversary headstock plaque, this axe will instantly become the centerpiece of any room it enters. Even its laurel fingerboard with pearloid Hump Block inlays manages to capture the vintage look that modern guitarists still can’t get enough of. Top everything off with its gorgeous 2-tone Stone Platinum/Pearl Platinum gloss finish, and the 140th Double Platinum Edition Jet cements itself as both an authoritative instrument and robust work of art.
What would a Jet be without its flagship mobility? The Electromatic 140th Double Platinum Edition Jet, like other models, features a chambered mahogany body, allowing for substantial acoustic range and a lighter weight, making way for even the most energetic performances. In between the body and headstock rests this Jet’s thin “U” mahogany neck, paired with a single cutaway for lightning-fast note transitioning on any scale. The addition of a Bigsby B50 vibrato tailpiece pulls the performance of this axe together, providing easy access to exclusive, wavy Jet tone.
Authentic Gretsch voicing: Filter’Tron pickups
Welcome to a new world of tonal possibilities. Plunge into authentic Gretsch voicings with the 140th Double Platinum Edition Penguin’s FT-5E Filter’Tron pickups. Gretsch designed these pickups to spit out that beloved Gretsch tone while also serving up a heaping bounty of tones to suit modern playing styles. These powerful pickups exude open, top-end chime, robust low end, a delightfully glassy midrange, and plenty of balanced harmonics. A 3-position toggle switch allows players to experiment with any combination of the two pickups, while volume knobs for each permit further tone sculpting. A master volume and a master tone knob complete the electronics on the 140th Edition Jet for tone that can blend seamlessly with other instruments while exhibiting plenty of classic Gretsch charm.
Gretsch G5230T-140 Electromatic 140th Double Platinum Edition Jet Electric Guitar Features:
- Capture historic tone with Gresch’s 140th Double Platinum Edition Jet
- Chambered mahogany body and maple top provide classic Gretsch character with balanced acoustics
- FT-5E Filter’Tron humbucker duo generates rich electric tone with an ample amount of vintage voicing
- 3-way pickup selector switch allows for massive tonal control
- Slick mahogany neck with thin “U” profile grants unparalleled access to the fretboard
- Exceptional tuning stability and vibrato with Bigsby B50 tailpiece
- Double Platinum Edition finish, matching headstock, and 140th-anniversary headstock plaque
Back to navigationTech Specs
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeG5230T Electromatic Jet
- Body MaterialChambered Mahogany
- Top MaterialMaple
- Body FinishGloss
- ColorTwo-Tone Stone Platinum/Pearl Platinum
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapeThin U
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialLaurel
- Fingerboard InlayPearloid Hump Blocks
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.6″
- Nut Width1.6875″
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Bridge/TailpieceAnchored Adjusto-Matic bridge with Bigsby
- Neck PickupFT-5E Filter’Tron Humbucker
- Bridge PickupFT-5E Filter’Tron Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch