Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
6-string Hollow-body Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Maple Top and Neck, Laurel Fingerboard, and 2 Humbucking Pickups – 2-tone Pearl Platinum/Stone Platinum
Take Charge of Historic Hollowbody Tone
Gretsch has summoned distinct vintage tone for over 140 years, and those efforts have culminated in this 140th Double Platinum Edition Single-cut Hollowbody. This axe carries the same authentic Gretsch style and appointments, with exciting new features for modern players. Built with a maple top, lightweight maple hollowbody, and maple neck, you’ll find this guitar is just as stunning to maneuver as it sounds. And it’s all topped off with a pair of FT-5E Filter’Tron humbucking pickups, delivering crisp Gretsch hollowbody tones that are easily manipulated with a 3-way pickup selector switch and a volume/tone knob duo to boot. Whether you’re a vintage guitar fanatic or devout shredder, you’ll find yourself in the annals of history with the Electromatic 140th Double Platinum Edition Single-cut Hollowbody.
New appointments, same old good looks
The Electromatic 140th Double Platinum Edition Single-cut Hollowbody left our vintage guitar players entranced. With its high-functioning chrome hardware, a finished matching headstock, an Adjusto-matic Bigsby B60 vibrato tailpiece, and a commemorative 140th-anniversary headstock plaque, this axe becomes the highlight of any stage it appears on. Even its laurel fingerboard with pearloid Hump Block inlays manages to capture the vintage look that modern guitarists still can’t get enough of. Finalized with its gorgeous 2-tone Pearl Platinum/Stone Platinum gloss finish, and the 140th Double Platinum Edition Single-cut Hollowbody cements itself as both a faithfully replicated antique instrument and robust work of art.
Bright hollowbody acoustics
As the 140th Double Platinum Edition Single-cut Hollowbody’s electronics system pumps out nothing but prideful tone, this Gretsch’s acoustics are what really allow it to shine. A single-cut body and hollow interior provide that unmistakable sonorous tone, and it can easily fill an entire room with sound by itself. Balanced, bright, and ripe with traditional acoustic character, the 140th Double Platinum Edition Single-cut Hollowbody is a sonic masterpiece that begs to be played as soon as it’s out of the box.
Authentic Gretsch voicing: Filter’Tron pickups
Welcome to a new world of tonal possibilities. Plunge into authentic Gretsch voicings with the 140th Double Platinum Edition Single-cut Hollowbody’s FT-5E Filter’Tron pickups. Gretsch designed these pickups to spit out that beloved Gretsch tone while also serving up a heaping bounty of tones to suit modern playing styles. These powerful pickups exude open, top-end chime, robust low end, a delightfully glassy midrange, and plenty of balanced harmonics. A 3-position toggle switch allows players to experiment with any combination of the two pickups, while volume knobs for each permit further tone sculpting. A master volume and a master tone knob complete the electronics on the 140th Edition Single-cut Hollowbody for tone that can blend seamlessly with other instruments while exhibiting plenty of classic Gretsch charm.
Gretsch G5420T-140 Electromatic 140th Double Platinum Edition Single-cut Hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Capture historic tone with Gresch’s 140th Double Platinum Edition Single-cut Hollowbody
- Hollow maple body and maple top provide classic Gretsch character with balanced and bright acoustics
- FT-5E Filter’Tron humbucker duo generates rich electric tone with an ample amount of vintage voicing
- 3-way pickup selector switch allows for massive tonal control
- Slick maple neck with classic “C” profile grants unparalleled access to the fretboard
- Exceptional tuning stability and vibrato with Adjusto-matic Bigsby B60 tailpiece
- Double Platinum Edition finish, matching headstock, and 140th-anniversary headstock plaque
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeHollowbody
- Body ShapeG5420T Electromatic
- Body MaterialLaminated Maple
- Top MaterialLaminated Maple
- Body FinishGloss
- ColorTwo-Tone Pearl Platinum
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeClassic C
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialLaurel
- Fingerboard InlayPearloid Hump Blocks
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.6″
- Nut Width1.6875″
- Nut MaterialGraph Tech NuBone
- Bridge/TailpieceAdjusto-Matic Bridge with Secured Laurel Base, Bigsby Vibrato Tailpiece
- TunersVintage-style Open Gear
- Neck PickupFT-5E Filter’Tron Humbucker
- Bridge PickupFT-5E Filter’Tron Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 2 x volume (neck, bridge)
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch