Classic Gretsch Tone in an Affordable Hollowbody
Treat yourself and audiences to decades of delectable Gretsch tone with the G5420T Electromatic Classic Hollowbody Single-cut Electric Guitar. Incredibly affordable yet loaded with professional features, the G5420T Electromatic boasts vintage-voiced FT-5E Filter’Tron humbucking pickups, an Adjusto-matic bridge, and a Bigsby B60 vibrato for the subtle pitch modulation that has become synonymous with Gretsch. A 3-way pickup switch and four controls — including a master volume equipped with a treble-bleed circuit for chimey highs at all volumes — ensure you’ll have no problem conjuring the legendary tones the G5420T Electromatic was built for.
Bright and spanky FT-5E Filter’Tron pickups
When you want that classic ’50s-era archtop guitar tone, you need real Gretsch humbuckers. That’s why Gretsch outfitted the G5420T Electromatic with a pair of FT-5E Filter’Tron pickups. Unlike most humbuckers, these traditional Gretsch pickups yield a characteristically bright and open sound that’s jangly on your highs with added single-coil-esque bite. With their robust character and trademark cut, the Gretsch FT-5E Filter’Tron humbuckers keep you ready for everything from rockabilly and country to blues and classic rock.
Exceptionally flexible electronics
The G5420T Electromatic allows you to pull off a lot of tonal tricks. Volume controls for each pickup help you create a perfect balance between warmth, bite, and brilliance when both pickups are engaged. The master tone control lets you fine-tune your sound once you’ve got the pickups dialed in. Thanks to the master volume control, you can take your tube amp from clean to growling without changing the balance between your pickups. And of course, you’ll get sweet tone from the neck and bridge pickups individually.
Redesigned trestle-block bracing
Traditionally, trestle-braced guitars feature two U-shaped braces that run parallel from the neck joint to the bridge, simultaneously bracing the top and the back. This pattern enhances sustain and resonance but falls victim to feedback. Now, Gretsch unveils a new trestle block bracing design that enhances the performance of the fan-favorite trestle bracing pattern. Trestle-block bracing facilitates more contact between the top and back while adding extra stiffness to the traditional design. Trestle-block bracing flaunts a quick, snappy attack, more sustain, and greater resonance — all without the dreaded hollowbody feedback.
Smooth vibrato action
Nothing beats the character and vintage vibe that the Bigsby-style tailpiece adds to the G5420T Electromatic. Based on the original design created by Paul A. Bigsby, the B60 vibrato requires next to no effort to use, making it particularly easy to pull off slow, subtle, and extended bends. You’ll be able to bend into notes, give full chords vintage-sounding modulation, and imbue single notes with a character that isn’t attainable through other setups. Guitarists agree: a vibrato like this is critical when channeling that coveted Gretsch sound.
Gretsch G5420T Electromatic Classic Hollowbody Single-cut Electric Guitar Features:
- Single-cutaway hollowbody electric guitar
- Laminated maple top, back, and sides add snap and definition to your sound
- FT-5E Filter’Tron pickups deliver classic Gretsch punch and twang
- Trestle-block bracing pattern enhances sustain and cuts feedback
- Master volume equipped with a treble-bleed circuit retains high-end shimmer when rolled back
- Bigsby-licensed B60 vibrato offers subtle pitch modulation
- Trestle-block bracing enhances sustain while eliminating feedback
- Binding on fingerboard and soundholes adds class and distinction
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeHollowbody
- Body ShapeElectromatic Classic
- Body MaterialLaminated Maple
- Top MaterialArched Laminated Maple
- Body FinishGloss
- ColorAzure Metallic
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeClassic C
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialLaurel
- Fingerboard InlayPearloid Neo-Classic Thumbnails
- Number of Frets22
- Scale Length24.6″
- Nut Width1.6875″
- Nut MaterialGraph Tech NuBone
- Bridge/TailpieceAdjusto-Matic Bridge with Secured Laurel Base, Bigsby B60 Vibrato Tailpiece
- TunersVintage-style Open Gear
- Neck PickupFT-5E Filter’Tron Humbucker
- Bridge PickupFT-5E Filter’Tron Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 1 x master volume (treble bleed), 1 x master tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.