Rediscover Antique Tone with this 140th-anniversary Center Block
Gretsch is celebrating their 140th anniversary, and with this celebration comes the Electromatic 140th Double Platinum Edition Double Cut Center Block. This axe carries the same authentic Gretsch style and appointments with exciting new features for modern players. Built with a maple top, a lightweight semi-hollow maple body, and a maple neck, this guitar is just as stunning to maneuver as it sounds. And it’s all topped off with a pair of powerful Broad’Tron humbucking pickups, delivering crisp Gretsch tones that are easily manipulated with a 3-way pickup selector switch and a volume/tone knob duo to boot. Whether you’re a vintage guitar fanatic or a devout shredder, you’ll find yourself in love with the Electromatic 140th Double Platinum Edition Double Cut Center Block.
New appointments, same old good looks
Upon arriving here, the Electromatic 140th Double Platinum Edition Double Cut Center Block left our guitarists speechless. With a collection of chrome hardware, a matching headstock, a Bigsby B70 vibrato tailpiece, and a commemorative 140th-anniversary headstock plaque, this axe will instantly become the centerpiece of any room it enters. Even its laurel fingerboard with pearloid neo-classic thumbnail inlays manages to capture the vintage look that modern guitarists still can’t get enough of. Top everything off with its gorgeous 2-tone Stone Platinum/Pearl Platinum gloss finish, and the 140th Double Platinum Edition Double Cut Center Block cements itself as both an authoritative instrument and robust work of art.
First-rate center block tone
The most recognizable feature on any center block guitar is it’s acoustics, and trust us: this guitar is chock full of audial potential. This model includes a semi-hollow body which, when paired with a center block build, allows for maximum resonance and character through both of the guitar’s F-holes. The result is an axe that proves its worth in both studio and stage settings — you won’t even need to plug it in to appreciate its wonderfully antique tone. And once you decide to amp up, you’ll be given a palette of tonal options, courtesy of the Double Cut Center Block’s three-way pickup switch.
Broad’Tron pickups deliver uncontested power
When it comes to Gretsch’s pickup choices, the Broad’Tron humbucker is known for its power — and this Double Cut Center Block bears them in style. Gretsch designed these pickups to spit out Gretsch tone at a decisive volume, amounting to a warm tone with plenty of sonic reach. Though these powerful pickups exude resonant lows and a pronounced midrange, it still manages to capture the high-end chime that’s to be expected in a Gretsch guitar. A 3-position toggle switch allows players to experiment with any combination of the two pickups, while volume knobs for each permit further tone sculpting. A master volume and a master tone knob complete the electronics on the 140th Double Platinum Edition Double Cut Center Block for tone that can blend seamlessly with other instruments while exhibiting plenty of classic Gretsch charm.
Gretsch G5230T-140 Electromatic 140th Double Platinum Edition Double Cut Center Block Electric Guitar Features:
- Capture historic tone with Gresch’s 140th Double Platinum Edition Double Cut Center Block
- Laminated maple center block body and maple top provide classic Gretsch character with balanced acoustics
- Black Top Broad’Tron humbucker duo generates powerful semi-hollowbody tone with an ample amount of vintage voicing
- 3-way pickup selector switch allows for massive tonal control
- Slick maple neck with thin “U” profile grants comfortable access to the fretboard
- Exceptional tuning stability and vibrato with Bigsby B70 tailpiece
- Double Platinum Edition finish, matching headstock, and 140th-anniversary headstock plaque
Back to navigationTech Specs
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSemi-hollowbody
- Body ShapeGS5622T-140 Electromatic
- Body MaterialLaminated Maple
- Top MaterialLaminated Maple
- Body FinishGloss
- ColorTwo-Tone Stone Platinum/Pearl Platinum
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeThin U
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialLaurel
- Fingerboard InlayPearloid Neo-Classic Thumbnails
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.6875″
- Nut MaterialGraph Tech NuBone
- Bridge/TailpieceAnchored Adjusto-Matic with Bigsby Vibrato
- TunersDie-cast Sealed
- Neck PickupBlack Top Broad’Tron Humbucker
- Bridge PickupBlack Top Broad’Tron Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 1 x master volume, 1 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.