- *DEMO MODEL, WILL COME WITH LIGHT SCRATCHING FROM PLAY*
Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Acoustic Roundneck Resonator Guitar with Mahogany Top, Sides, and Neck; Padauk Fingerboard; and Eastern European Hand-spun Biscuit Cone Fishman Electronics – 2-color Sunburst
Classic Roundneck Resonator from Gretsch
First developed in the pre-amplified 1920s to accompany the much-louder horn instruments in popular ensembles of the time, resonator guitars are truly a uniquely American innovation. The Gretsch G9241 Alligator Biscuit Roundneck Resonator stays true to the design and features of these early resonators with an all-mahogany body and Gretsch Ampli-Sonic diaphragm resonator cone. This aluminum cone is hand-spun in Eastern Europe and kicks out an impressive level of volume and mesmerizing resonant midrange. A gorgeous padauk fingerboard with abalone dot inlays responds beautifully whether you are playing chords or using a slide. The G9241 lets you explore the styles of old country, blues, and early folk as well as whatever sonic innovations you envision. A Fishman Nashville pickup is also onboard for when you want to plug in and really bring the volume and style. Resonator players love the G9241 Alligator Biscuit Roundneck Resonator for its playability and tone.
Gretsch’s G9241 Alligator Biscuit Roundneck Resonator features tasteful vintage appointments that would look right at home in the company’s catalogs of yesteryear. With the G9241, you get a lovely mahogany top graced with a vintage semi-gloss natural finish that not only looks great but also enhances the instrument’s tone. There is also the simple yet mesmerizing design of the biscuit resonator itself, which just oozes old-timey vibe and makes you happy they do still make a classic instrument like the G9241.
Gretsch’s legacy in American music
The Gretsch G9241 standard resonator guitar transports you back to Gretsch’s roots in American music. Everyone knows Gretsch electric guitars and drums, but many don’t know they got their start in 1883 as a banjo company. It wasn’t long before Gretsch was making mandolins, ukuleles, and eventually flat-top guitars, contributing to the very roots of American music. So when you pick up a Gretsch resonator, you’re holding more than a great resonator, you’re holding a piece of American music history.
Gretsch G9241 Alligator Biscuit Roundneck Resonator Guitar Features:
- Mahogany top, back, sides and neck emit great resonator tone
- Padauk fingerboard with 20 frets responds beautifully to chording or a slide
- Gretsch Ampli-Sonic Eastern European hand-spun biscuit cone and bridge
- Grover Sta-Tite tuning machines keep you in tune
- Resonator Type:Biscuit
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Style:No Cutaway
- Color:2-color Sunburst
- Finish:Vintage Semi-gloss
- Top Material:Laminated Mahogany
- Back & Sides Material:Laminated Mahogany
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Round
- Fingerboard Material:Padauk
- Fingerboard Inlay:Abalone Dots
- Number of Frets:20 (12 to body)
- Scale Length:25″
- Tuning Machines:Grover Sta-Tite Die-cast
- Bridge Material:Hard Maple
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone nut, Ebony/Maple saddle
- Nut Width:1.75″