The Return of the Rally
It’s straight back to the late ’60s here with the Gretsch Limited Edition Streamliner Rally 2 Center Block! A tasteful take on the original guitar, the Streamliner Rally 2 injects the vintage appeal of the classic model into a reliable unit that meets the functional demands of the modern-day guitarist. Aesthetically speaking, features like the Bigsby vibrato, the nostalgic Rally stripe design across the pickguard and truss rod cover, and radio-styled control knobs in classic Rally configuration are sure to satisfy old-heads and retro fanatics alike. And the sound? Gretsch gave the Streamliner Rally 2 a set of searing Super HiLo’Tron pickups, tributing the Hi-Fidelity character of the original HiLo’Trons but this time in dual-coil form for a richer, less noisy tonal result. Talk about a winning combo! Celebrate 140 years of “That Great Gretsch Sound” with a blast from the past in the Limited Edition Streamliner Rally 2.
A Streamliner at heart
The foundation of the Streamliner Rally 2 is, to a degree, based on Gretsch’s affordable and value-packed Streamliner series. That means a bright and balanced maple top and body tonewood combination, just like the original Rally, and engineered around the same lightweight, semi-hollowbody center block design. An accompanying 22-fret laurel fingerboard also fits the Streamliner bill but rests atop an upgraded mahogany neck that stands by to deliver this guitar some serious sustain. This axe is a true sleeper — the aesthetic of a seasoned veteran with the bones of a guitar in its prime.
Vintage Gretsch tone shaping
Following suit with this guitar’s “wolf in [far-out] sheep’s clothing” theme are its dynamite pickups and control panel. Starting with the pickups, the Streamliner Rally 2 houses dual coil Super HiLo’Tron humbuckers in the bridge and neck positions. While the HiLo’Trons on the original Rally guitar were the single coil remnants of a late-’50s design, these modern Super HiLo’Trons double up on the older pickups for a tone that bites with a full and rich presence and drastically reduces ambient electronic hum, all while preserving the Hi-Fi liveliness of the original pickups. From finger-plucking cleans to aggressive drive, these pickups are up for the task!
In true vintage Gretsch fashion, you’ll find per-pickup volume controls for nailing that precise balance of your rhythm and lead Super HiLo’Trons when operating in the middle position. But unlike the finicky treble boosts and active/passive switches on the original models, this revived Rally sticks to the dependability of a master tone control for fewer complexities to manage in the moment in a clearer, more implementable tone-shaping approach. And, of course, what vintage-inspired Gretsch would be complete without a mammoth Bigsby B70 vibrato tailpiece and isolated master volume control at the cutaway?
A faithful tribute to an old friend
Only produced for a small handful of years, the original Gretsch Rally guitar was a short-lived standout design among the first batch of guitars that hit the scene following the company’s purchase by Baldwin in 1967. But despite its brief lifespan, the Rally, in all its groovy racing-striped glory, has remained a sought-after rarity in the vintage guitar world for decades. Now, in celebration of Gretsch’s 140th anniversary, the limited-run Streamliner Rally 2 brings back the sound and style of the original in a dependable, modern package. Dressed in a faithful trio of period-correct color schemes and outfitted with a pair of humbucking Super HiLo’Trons, the Streamliner Rally 2 is a true throwback in every sense of the term. But don’t wait — these special editions won’t last long!
Gretsch Limited Edition G2604T Streamliner Rally 2 Center Block Electric Guitar Features:
- Limited Edition semi-hollowbody in commemorating Gretsch’s 140th anniversary
- Maple center-block body supplies a lightweight, bright, and balanced foundation
- Mahogany neck with 22-fret laurel fingerboard provides exceptional sustain
- Dual Super HiLo’Tron humbuckers are rich, bitey, and full of vintage charm
- 3-way pickup selector with per-pickup volume controls, master tone, and master volume controls enable precise tone shaping
- Bigsby B70 vibrato arm allows for classic pitch dipping, from rock to country western
- Throwback radio knobs and Rally stripe design across pickguard and truss rod cover tribute the original model
- Available in three period-correct color schemes
Back to navigationTech Specs
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSemi-hollowbody
- Body ShapeG2604T Streamliner
- Body MaterialArched Laminated Maple
- Top MaterialMaple
- Body FinishGloss Polyurethane
- ColorTwo-Tone Bamboo Yellow/Copper Metallic
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeThin U
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialLaurel
- Fingerboard InlayOffset Thumbnails
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.6875″
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Bridge/TailpieceAnchored Adjusto-Matic with Bigsby B70 Vibrato
- Neck PickupSuper Hilo’Tron Humbucker
- Bridge PickupSuper Hilo’Tron Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 1 x master volume, 1 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.