Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Acoustic Guitar with Solid Sitka Spruce Top, Solid Mahogany Back and Sides, Mahogany Neck, and Rosewood Fingerboard – Antique Burst
A Value-packed Classic Guild Tone Cannon
The Guild D-140 brings back the glory days when dreadnoughts ruled. Designed with scalloped Sitka spruce bracing for power, articulation, and responsiveness, this all-solid-tonewood acoustic guitar delivers massive tone and volume. The D-140’s large dreadnought body, with its Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides, serves up a robust tonal palette that’s perfect for vocal accompaniment, solo work, and many other “unplugged” applications. The D-140’s C-profile mahogany neck is comfortable and easy to navigate. Premium appointments include a genuine rosewood fingerboard and bridge, a bone nut and saddle, and a tortoiseshell pickguard. A vintage-style Antique Burst finish imparts a timeless look and feel while allowing the sound of the Guild D-140 to bloom unimpeded.
Top-shelf tonewoods and design
Guild’s heritage as one of America’s premier early guitar makers comes to fruition in the D-140. Solid Sitka spruce and mahogany meet in a traditional dreadnought body for a big sound and great playing experience. A real bone nut and saddle also support great sustain and clarity. And a 1960s-style red tortoiseshell pickguard lends even more classic look and vibe.
Crafted for a comfortable playing experience
The D-140’s clean playability will help channel all your creative ideas into beautiful music. Seasoned players will notice right away the D-140’s outstanding playability all along the 25.5″-scale-length C-shaped neck. The nut width spaces out strings suitably for strumming, flatpicking, or fingerstyle; with a good amount of real estate that neither feels cramped nor causes you to stretch uncomfortably.
Guild: a heritage of quality
Since the 1950s, the Guild name has been synonymous with premium acoustic guitars. See the D-140’s iconic Guild peak headstock logo? That’s your assurance of Guild quality, which is evident throughout this commanding acoustic guitar, from the premium solid tonewoods to the genuine bone nut and saddle. Guitarists agree: the Guild D-140 is an acoustic guitar that’s made to be seen — and heard.
Guild D-140 Acoustic Guitar Features:
- All-solid-tonewood guitar in the tradition of vintage Guild dreadnoughts
- Solid Sitka spruce top, solid mahogany back and sides; gloss finish
- Scalloped Sitka spruce bracing
- Comfortable C-profile mahogany neck; gloss finish
- Rosewood fingerboard, 16″ radius, dot inlays
- Rosewood bridge; tortoiseshell pickguard
- Bone nut and saddle, 1.75″ nut width
- Guild vintage-style open-gear tuning machines
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Dreadnought
- Back & Sides Wood:Solid African Mahogany
- Top Wood:Solid Sitka Spruce
- Finish:Gloss Polyurethane
- Color:Antique Burst
- Body Bracing:Sitka Spruce Scalloped X-bracing
- Binding:Ivory ABS
- Neck Wood:African Mahogany
- Neck Shape:C
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Mother-of-Pearl Dots
- Number of Frets:20, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length:25.5″
- Nut Width:1.75″
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone/Bone
- Bridge Material:Rosewood
- Tuning Machines:Open Gear