The Jumbo Junior Bass acoustic-electric bass guitar stands out among basses with its solid Sitka spruce top and Guild’s iconic arched back in flamed maple. Along with the solid wood top, this compact instrument offers such premium features as a real bone nut/saddle and Guild’s AP-1 piezo pickup system for great plugged-in tone. The Jumbo Junior body style delivers the look of a jumbo in a smaller size that’s comfortable for most players.
Solid wood top will only get better with age
An acoustic stringed instrument’s top plays a huge role in its overall tone, and that’s why we’re pleased to see the Jumbo Junior Bass is topped with a real piece of solid Sitka spruce. While the Guild Jumbo Junior Bass sounds great straight from Guild, you’ll notice more harmonic complexity and sonic range after playing for a number of years.
AP-1 electronics for plugged-in acoustic performance
Thanks to the built-in Guild AP-1 active acoustic piezo pickup system, you can also perform or record with your Jumbo Junior Bass. The AP-1’s sensitive piezo pickup will transfer every nuance of the bone saddle’s vibrations into precise voltages that are sent intact from the 1/4″ output jack to your PA or audio interface. This makes the Jumbo Junior Bass as versatile as it is sonically pleasing.
- Compact acoustic bass with the look of a jumbo — but in a more comfortable size
- Solid Sitka spruce top will gain even more harmonic complexity as it ages
- Beautiful flamed maple back and sides, just like tonewoods used in upright basses for centuries
- Well-balanced tone with impressive projection for such a compact instrument
- Ready for plugged-in performance with Guild’s AP-1 active acoustic piezo pickup system
- Real bone nut and saddle for better vibratory transfer to the bass’s body and piezo pickup