A Semi-hollow Bass with Fat Tone
Get that classic ’60s bass sound with the Guild Starfire II semi-hollowbody bass guitar. Favored by groups like Jefferson Airplane and the Byrds, this bass gives you fat, warm tones not typically found in solidbody basses. Its thinline semi-hollowbody is comfortable to play, and gives you the organic, resonant sound and lush overtones of a hollowbody instrument. A pair of BiSonic pickups deliver the iconic bass tones you’ve heard on countless records. When you need distinctive bass tone in a gig-ready instrument, you can turn to the Guild Starfire II bass every time.
Guild Starfire II Semi-hollowbody Bass Guitar at a Glance:
- Short-scale neck for tonal magic
- Thinline semi-hollowbody for comfortable playing and rich tone
- Based on the classic ’60s Starfire
Short-scale neck for tonal magic
Of course the short (30.75″) scale length of the Starfire bass makes it easier to navigate the fretboard, and is perfect for beginners and players with smaller hands. But did you know that the scale length of a guitar or bass has a direct impact on its tone? The harmonics your bass guitar generates are spaced along the strings based on the length of the strings – shorter strings mean the harmonics are packed in tighter, giving any note you play more harmonic richness than a longer scale would. Just plug the Starfire bass into your bass amp and you’ll see what we mean, as notes come alive and cut through the mix without becoming overbearing.
Thinline semi-hollowbody for comfortable playing and rich tone
Try as you may, you just can’t get the same vibrant, overtone-rich sound of a hollowbody bass with a traditional solidbody. But instead of giving you a bulky instrument, Guild gave the Starfire II a thinline body style that gives you the woody thump of a hollow instrument plus the easy-playing comfort of a traditional bass.
Based on the classic ’60s Starfire
Classic rock recordings have no shortage of warm and groovy bass tones served up by hollowbody instruments. Bands like the Byrds and Jefferson Airplane relied on the original Starfire bass for their rhythmic foundation. You can get that vibe too, with the Guild Starfire II semi-hollowbody bass.
Guild Starfire II Semi-hollowbody Bass Guitar Features:
- Thinline semi-hollowbody based on the ’60s Guild Starfire
- Dual BiSonic pickups serve up rich, vintage-style tone
- Short-scale neck for harmonics-rich tone
- Exceptional tone and looks from laminated mahogany back, sides, and top
- 3-piece mahogany/maple/mahogany neck for long-term playability
- Grover Sta-Tite tuners give you excellent tuning stability
- Hard case included
Create un-mistakeable tone with the Guild Starfire II bass!
- Number of Strings:4
- Body Shape:Doublecut
- Body Material:Laminated Mahogany
- Body Finish:Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material:3-piece Mahogany/Maple/Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Vintage Soft “U”
- Fingerboard Inlay:Pearloid dots
- Number of Frets:21
- Scale Length:30.75″
- Nut Width:1.5″
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Guild Adjustable Bass Bridge with Rosewood Saddles
- Tuners:Grover Vintage 142 Series
- Neck Pickup:Guild BS-1 BiSonic Bass
- Bridge Pickup:Guild BS-1 BiSonic Bass
- Controls:2 x pickup volumes, 1 x master volume, 2 x tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch