Double-cut Semi-Hollow with Tune-o-matic Bridge
The double-cut Starfire I DC is based on a classic Guild design. Its arched center-block construction supplies the airy, resonant quality of some timeless Guild semi-hollow electrics, while at the same time helping to neutralize squealing and squelching in a loud performance setting. This turns out to be quite an asset onstage, especially for rock music. Standard-sized HB-2 alnico humbuckers — which build off of Guild’s iconic HB-1s — supply a warmth and bite that compares favorably to some classic PAFs. Not only that, but push-pull pots unlock a distinct single-coil cluck that suits blues, surf, country, and rock music superbly. This Guild Starfire I DC features a Guild Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar for maximum sustain and tuning stability. Considering its price and pedigree, the Guild Starfire I DC is one of the most appetizing electrics to come out this season.
A center-block, semi-hollow construction — hollow on both sides with a solid core running through the center — gives the Starfire I DC electric guitar that classic Guild tone and response without sacrificing live playability. Together with its quality tonewoods, comfortable neck, rock-solid hardtail bridge, and daring modern electronics, the Starfire I DC has all the makings of a professional instrument at a very reasonable price.
Guild Tune-o-matic bridge
A fixed Tune-o-matic bridge with matching stopbar tailpiece helps to maximize tone and tuning stability in this non-vibrato Starfire I DC. If you’re the type of player who bounces back between different tunings, who’s looking for minimal stage weight, or who just needs the added real estate toward the bridge for palm muting and creative picking, this Guild Starfire I DC is for you.
Split HB-2 humbuckers
With its HB-2 alnico humbuckers, your Guild Starfire I DC serves up a wide range of multi-generational tone. These pickups unleash fullness and sustain by the truckload, with enough PAF-like warmth to satisfy even the most discriminating tone connoisseur and push-pull coil-splitting for that classic single-coil spank. Plug into a mid-gain amp, and you’ll experience a dynamically rich harmonic breakup. Or park the Starfire I DC in front of a high-gain amp, and you’ll enjoy otherworldly sustain that’s tailor-made for blues and rock leads. Guild’s HB-2 humbuckers do a great job of contemporizing the classic HB-1s used by Guild for the past 60 years. And with the addition of their coil-split circuitry, the Starfire I DC packs with sensitivity and dynamics to please virtually any player.
Guild Starfire I DC Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- A professional instrument at a weekender’s price
- Semi-hollow, double-cutaway body construction
- HB-2 humbuckers build on Guild’s timeless HB-1s
- Push-pull coil-splitting unlocks single-coil quack and spank
- Guild Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar maximizes tone and tuning stability
- Standard-sized humbuckers can easily be swapped out for player customization
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSemi-hollowbody
- Body ShapeStarfire I DC
- Body MaterialArched Mahogany
- Body FinishGloss Polyurethane
- ColorCherry Red
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapeVintage Soft U
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialIndian Rosewood
- Fingerboard InlayPearloid Dots
- Number of Frets22, Narrow Jumbo
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.6875″
- Nut MaterialComposite
- Bridge/TailpieceGuild Tune-O-Matic with Nickel Stopbar
- TunersGuild Vintage Open-gear
- Neck PickupGuild HB-2 Nickel Humbucker
- Bridge PickupGuild HB-2 Nickel Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.