Single-cut Semi-Hollow with Vibrato Bridge
The single-cut Starfire I SC is based on a classic Guild design. Its arched center-block construction supplies the airy, resonant quality of some timeless Guild semi-hollow electrics, while at the same time helping to neutralize squealing and squelching in a loud performance setting. This turns out to be quite an asset onstage, especially for rock music. Standard-sized HB-2 alnico humbuckers — which build off of Guild’s iconic HB-1s — supply a warmth and bite that compares favorably to some classic PAFs. Not only that, but push-pull pots unlock a distinct single-coil cluck that suits blues, surf, country, and rock music superbly. This Guild Starfire I SC features a Guild-branded vibrato bridge that’s built for expressive players. Considering its price and pedigree, the Guild Starfire I SC is one of the most appetizing electrics to come out this season.
A center-block, semi-hollow construction — hollow on both sides with a solid core running through the center — gives the Starfire I SC electric guitar that classic Guild tone and response without sacrificing live playability. Together with its quality tonewoods, comfortable neck, expressive vibrato bridge, and daring modern electronics, the Starfire I SC has all the makings of a professional instrument at a very reasonable price.
Guild vibrato tailpiece
The Guild-branded vibrato tailpiece installed on the Starfire I SC supplies “big” (if you know what we mean) expression and control. From caterwauling rockabilly leads to cascading waves of texture and color, you’ll find all the nuance you need in the Starfire I SC’s expressive vibrato system.
Split HB-2 humbuckers
With its HB-2 alnico humbuckers, your Guild Starfire I SC serves up a wide range of multi-generational tone. These pickups unleash fullness and sustain by the truckload, with enough PAF-like warmth to satisfy even the most discriminating tone connoisseur and push-pull coil-splitting for that classic single-coil spank. Plug into a mid-gain amp, and you’ll experience a dynamically rich harmonic breakup. Or park the Starfire I SC in front of a high-gain amp, and you’ll enjoy otherworldly sustain that’s tailor-made for blues and rock leads. Guild’s HB-2 humbuckers do a great job of contemporizing the classic HB-1s used by Guild for the past 60 years. And with the addition of their coil-split circuitry, the Starfire I SC packs with sensitivity and dynamics to please virtually any player.
Guild Starfire I SC Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- A professional instrument at a weekender’s price
- Semi-hollow, single-cut body construction
- HB-2 humbuckers build on Guild’s timeless HB-1s
- Push-pull coil-splitting unlocks single-coil quack and spank
- Guild vibrato tailpiece supplies “big” expression and control
- Standard-sized humbuckers can easily be swapped out for player customization
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSemi-hollowbody
- Body ShapeStarfire I SC
- Body MaterialMaple
- Top MaterialArched Maple
- Body FinishGloss Polyurethane
- ColorSeafoam Green
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeModern Thin U
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialIndian Rosewood
- Fingerboard InlayPearloid Dots
- Number of Frets20, Narrow Tall
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.692″
- Nut MaterialComposite
- Bridge/TailpieceGuild Tune-O-Matic with Aluminum Guild Vibrato Tailpiece
- TunersGuild Vintage Open Gear
- Neck PickupGuild. HB-2 Nickel Humbucker
- Bridge PickupGuild HB-2 Nickel Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.