A Thinline Hollowbody Any Player Can Appreciate
Grab the Guild Starfire III hollowbody electric guitar for a rock ‘n’ roll guitar with rich, organic tone. You’ll feel unhindered by the Starfire III’s thinline body style that’s comfortable to wear and play over long gigs. You’ll hit your amplifier with the warm, organic tones hollowbody guitars are known for, with natural resistance to howling feedback from the thin body. Factor in a pair of LB-1 “Little Bucker” pickups and a Guild vibrato tailpiece, and you’ll be primed for classic rock and more with the Guild Starfire III.
Based on a classic ’60s design
Part of Guild’s Newark Street Collection, the Starfire III hollowbody is based on a classic ’60s design. So many of the iconic sounds of the ’60s rock revolution were created with hollowbody guitars such as the Starfire. With this modern reissue, you get incredible tonal versatility with an unmistakably vintage vibe.
Wide tonal range makes this a great guitar for many styles
The Guild Starfire III is outfitted with a pair of smaller, hum-canceling LB-1 “Little Bucker” pickups. Originally designed in the 1960s, the Little Buckers were an alternative to single-coil pickups. The output sits somewhere between a single-coil and a vintage-style PAF humbucker, offering more jangle than a PAF, but a little more warmth than a traditional single-coil. Factor in the 3-way pickup selector, and you’ll discover how good the Starfire III can sound in just about any genre.
Thinline body style gives you hollowbody tone without the bulk
Many electric guitar players are curious about hollowbody guitars for their unique tone but may consider them too big or bulky compared to most electrics. If that sounds like you, you’ll definitely want to check out the thinline body of the Starfire III. Slightly less than 2″ deep, the hollow Starfire III has the warm, resonant sound you’d expect from a hollowbody, while being much more comfortable for guitarists used to thin electrics. Also, the thinner body is less prone to howling feedback from your amplifier than traditional hollowbodies.
Guild Starfire III Hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Hollow electric guitar with a very comfortable thinline body style
- Guild vibrato tailpiece gives you extra expression and a vintage vibe
- Dual LB-1 “Little Bucker” pickups with individual volume and tone controls for a wide tonal range
- Based on a classic ’60s Guild design
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeHollowbody
- Body ShapeSinglecut
- Body MaterialLaminated Mahogany
- Top MaterialArched Laminated Mahogany
- Body FinishGloss Polyurethane
- ColorCherry Red
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapeVintage soft “U”
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayDots
- Number of Frets20
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.650″
- Bridge/TailpieceGuild Tune-O-Matic bridge with Rosewood base, Guild vibrato tailpiece
- TunersGrover Sta-Tite die-cast tuners
- Neck PickupGuild LB-1 humbucker
- Bridge PickupGuild LB-1 humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.