Hollowbody Jazz Box with DeArmond Pickups and a Guild Vibrato
The X-175 Manhattan Special archtop is a stellar representation of Guild quality and value. This vintage-styled jazz box is primed for rich tone and great playability, featuring a crisp maple body topped with nuanced spruce for enhanced clarity and detail. The Manhattan Special’s multi-ply mahogany/maple neck plays like a modernized classic, and its zesty DeArmond DynaSonic pickups twang, snarl, and howl with the best of them. Even better, the X-175’s expressive vibrato tailpiece gives you a taste of that classic wiggle-stick wobble, all without the intonation issues of lesser designs.
Based on a classic Guild hollowbody
The Manhattan Special sets its eyes on the Guild Manhattan guitar of the 1950s and ’60s for inspiration. Boasting a body made of maple with an arched spruce top, and combined with a special pair of DeArmond pickups and genuine Guild vibrato tailpiece, the X-175 Manhattan Special is everything you’d expect from a modern-made, vintage-styled jazz box.
3-piece mahogany/maple neck
Multi-piece necks tend to be stronger and more rigid than single-piece necks, resisting twisting and warping over the years. Treat it well, and you’ll get a lifetime of exceptional playability from the Guild X-175 Manhattan Special.
Dual DynaSonic pickups deliver timeless single-coil sound
Boasting the twang of a classic single-coil and the bite of a P90, the Manhattan Special’s DeArmond DynaSonic pickups exhibit a wonderful full-range tone with sweet, glossy highs with tight, well-rounded lows. Run these pups into a clean amp, and you’ll enjoy a muscular blend of snap, punch, and bite. Park them in front of an overdriven amp, and you’ll experience a euphoric crunch that can’t be achieved with any other pickup. A 3-way toggle and master tone control give you the flexibility to dial in your sound, even in a fast-paced stage environment.
Guild vibrato tailpiece
The Guild-branded vibrato tailpiece installed on this X-175 Manhattan Special supplies “big” (if you know what we mean) expression and control. From caterwauling rockabilly leads to cascading waves of texture and color, you’ll find all the nuance you need in this expressive vibrato system.
Guild X-175 Manhattan Special Hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Based on the ’50s–’60s era Manhattan jazz box
- Spruce-on-maple archtop body construction
- Durable 3-piece mahogany/maple/mahogany neck in a Vintage Soft “U” profile
- Glassy, articulate ebony fingerboard
- DeArmond Dynasonic pickups pack sweet, zesty cleans and biting overdriven crunch
- Guild vibrato tailpiece supplies “big” expression and control
- ToM-style bridge and Grover Sta-Tote tuners deliver precise intonation
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeHollowbody
- Body ShapeX-175 Manhattan Special
- Body MaterialMaple
- Top MaterialArched Spruce
- Body FinishSatin Polyurethane
- ColorMalibu Blue
- Neck MaterialMahogany with Maple center strip
- Neck ShapeVintage Soft U
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialEbony
- Fingerboard InlayMother-of-Pearl Blocks
- Number of Frets20, Narrow Jumbo
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.6875″
- Nut MaterialBone
- Bridge/TailpieceGuild Tune-O-Matic with Pinned Ebony Bridge and Guild Vibrato Tailpiece
- TunersGrover Sta-Tite Open Gear
- Neck PickupDeArmond Dynasonic Single-coil
- Bridge PickupDeArmond Dynasonic Single-coil
- Controls3 x volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch