Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
6-string Electric Bass with Mahogany Body, Spalted Maple Top, Maple Neck, Jatoba Fretboard, 2 Humbucking Pickups, and Active Bass Boost – Natural Grey Burst
Affordability, Playability, and Looks!
With looks, tone, and playability that greatly exceed its price tag, this Ibanez GIO GSR206SM 6-string electric bass guitar offers amazing value. This GIO GSR206SM’s tonewood combination gives you a full yet punchy growl that absolutely rocks. Also, you’ll find that this bass’s contoured shape and slim neck profile provide you with amazing comfort and playability. You’ll love the way that this GIO GSR206SM’s DXH-6 pickups kick you in the chest with their fat, punchy tone. On top of that, an active Phat II EQ adds phenomenal girth to your sound. With this Ibanez GIO GSR206SM 6-string electric bass guitar in your hands, you’ll keep the band grooving all night long.
GIO series delivers budget-conscious quality
Ibanez developed the GIO series for players who demand Ibanez quality in a budget-conscious package. Featuring excellent tonewoods, first-rate electronics, and exceptional playability, GIO series electric guitars and basses provide beginners and value-minded musicians with an authentic, Ibanez-branded instrument. The GIO series proves that a guitar doesn’t have to cost a bundle to sound good!
Ibanez: a brief history
Ibanez began its life in 1908 as the Hoshino Gakki company in Nagoya, Japan; however, the company didn’t get into the guitar business until 1929, when they started importing Salvador Ibanez guitars from Spain. In 1935, Hoshino Gakki began building Spanish acoustic guitars under the “Ibanez Salvador” name, which was later shortened to “Ibanez.” Although Ibanez began manufacturing electric guitars in 1957, the company was relatively unknown in the West until the 1960s, when they started producing guitars based on American designs. By the late 1970s, Ibanez had stopped producing derivative guitars and had begun manufacturing the original designs that the company is now known for. Ibanez is also famous for their effect pedals (most notably the Tube Screamer) and guitar amplifiers.
Ibanez GIO GSR206SM 6-string Electric Bass Guitar Features:
- Tonewood combination gives you a full yet punchy growl
- Spalted maple top provides a beautiful, classy appearance
- Contoured body and slim neck profile give you amazing playing comfort and speed
- DXH-6 pickups serve up fat, punchy tone
- B16 bridge gives you impressive sustain
- Phat II EQ enhances your tone’s low end
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:GIO
- Color:Natural Grey Burst
- Body Material:Spalted Maple Top/Mahogany Body
- Body Finish:Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:GSR6
- Fingerboard Material:Jatoba
- Fingerboard Inlay:White dots
- Number of Frets:22
- Scale Length:34″
- Nut Width:2.126″
- Bridge/Tailpiece:B16 bridge
- Neck Pickup:DXH-6 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:DXH-6 Humbuckerr
- Controls:2 x volume, 1 x master tone, 1 x Phat II EQ