Value-packed Steve Vai Signature
Steve Vai’s signature guitars have become almost as iconic as the player himself, and now that mojo is more attainable than ever with the Ibanez JEMJR Steve Vai Signature solidbody electric guitar. From the acrylic vine inlay to the instantly recognizable “monkey grip” handle, there’s no doubt where the JEMJR Steve Vai Signature came from. For tonal tenacity, you get two Quantum humbuckers and one Quantum single-coil pickup complete with 5-way switching. Factor in the double-locking tremolo bridge, and the Ibanez JEMJR Steve Vai Signature is ready to wail.
Effortless playability, with the fastest-playing neck in the business
One of Ibanez’s fastest necks to date, the Wizard III neck on the JEMJR Steve Vai Signature guitar is an absolute pleasure to play. This slim and super-comfortable neck lets you pull off lighting-fast runs and arpeggios with ease, but still gives you the substance you need for grabbing chords when you need to. From the first time you put your hands on the JEMJR’s Wizard III neck, you’ll know you’ve got a guitar that was built with performance in mind.
Powerful tone from Quantum pickups
Ask any guitarist to describe Ibanez’s Quantum pickups in just a few words, and “articulate” and “hot” will probably be near the top of the list. You’ve got the tonal aggression you need for hard rock and lead lines, with a defined sound that helps individual notes ring through. Especially if you juggle rhythm and lead guitar roles, you should have the sonic flexibility you need with the Ibanez JEMJR Steve Vai Signature guitar.
Whammy with confidence
The JEMJR Steve Vai Signature packs Ibanez’s standard double-locking bridge, which helps you maintain your tuning stability even after heavy pitch bends. Guitarists know that a whammy bar is only fun when your guitar stays in tune, and a double-locking bridge goes a long way towards achieving that goal.
Steve Vai and Ibanez: for the love of innovation
By the mid-’80s, master musician Steve Vai felt puzzled. He could find guitars with a solid whammy bar, 24 frets, or humbucker and single-coil pickups — but never all three features in one package. So, Vai got creative and sent personalized blueprints for his ideal guitar to several major guitar manufacturers with the promise of his coveted endorsement for the best-sounding design anyone sent back. Ibanez proved to be the sole company up to the task, and the one-of-a-kind JEM was subsequently introduced in 1987. More than three decades later, Steve Vai and Ibanez continue creating heartfelt guitar collaborations to this day.
Ibanez JEMJR Steve Vai Signature Features:
- Value-packed version of Steve Vai’s iconic signature guitar
- Lightweight meranti mahogany body with great sustain
- 2 Quantum humbuckers and 1 Quantum single-coil give you a wide tonal range
- Jatoba fingerboard with acrylic “Tree-of-life” inlay for iconic JEM style
- Wizard III neck for ultra-fast playability
- Standard double-locking bridge for solid tuning and intonation
- Iconic monkey grip handle
Back to navigationTech Specs
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeSteve Vai Signature
- Body MaterialMeranti
- Body FinishGloss Polyurethane
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeWizard III
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialJatoba
- Fingerboard InlayTree-of-Life
- Number of Frets24, Jumbo
- Scale Length25.5″
- Nut Width1.692″
- Nut MaterialLocking
- Bridge/TailpieceDouble Locking Tremolo
- Neck PickupQuantum Humbucker
- Middle PickupQuantum Single-coil
- Bridge PickupQuantum Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching5-way blade pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.