4-voice Analog Synth with Deep Digital Multi-engine
With the Korg minilogue XD hybrid synthesizer, you’ve got a 4-voice analog synth bolstered by Korg’s digital multi-engine. Factor in the built-in effects, powerful sequencer, and micro tuning capability, and you have a full-featured sound design system at your fingertips. It’s based on the analog synth circuit from the minilogue, further refined for maximum sonic appeal. And with the digital multi-engine giving you access to four types of noise, a VPM/FM oscillator, and your own custom user oscillators, there’s a lifetime of creative potential to be explored with the Korg minilogue XD hybrid synthesizer.
Combining the best from monologue, minilogue, and Prologue
Korg essentially combined player-favorite features from their monologue, minilogue, and Prologue synthesizers to create the minilogue XD. The most notable features from the minilogue are the familiar compact form factor, 4-voice architecture, multiple voice modes, and the arpeggiator (now with a much-appreciated latch function). From the monologue, we get the motion step sequencer, the monologue’s re-voiced filter, and the ability to overdrive your signal going into said filter. And from the Prologue we get the digital multi-engine, providing the third oscillator per voice, and multiple stereo effects.
Digital multi-engine for FM, wavetable, and effects
The Korg minilogue XD features the digital multi-engine first presented in the Prologue synthesizer. This gives you access to an FM/wavetable oscillator you can layer with the analog oscillators in each voice. Its sound generators include noise, variable phase modulation (VPM), and a user oscillator for your own custom oscillators (16 user slots available). This greatly expands your sonic potential beyond typical analog synth sounds. In addition to adding an oscillator, the digital multi-engine delivers deep-sounding effects using 32-bit floating-point processing.
Four voice modes for creative performance options
While the minilogue XD offers delightful polyphonic playability, you can also choose Unison mode to make it an all-unison monosynth. And Chord mode produces chords with a single key press. Arp/Latch mode features the arpeggiator with up to four voices, and it can also be used while the sequencer is running. Whether you’re looking for musical inspiration or preparing for a live performance, the minilogue XD’s flexible voice modes offer big creative potential.
- 37-key, 4-voice polyphonic analog/digital synthesizer
- 3 oscillators per voice, 2 analog and 1 digital (FM/wavetable)
- monologue filter design with drive circuit
- 32-bit floating-point digital effects engine with modulation, delay, and reverb effects
- 16 user slots for loading custom oscillators and effects
- CV connectivity for modular synthesizers
- Sync I/O for synchronizing with Volca modules, Electribe drum machines, and other Korg gear
- Polyphonic step sequencer with 16 steps supports both step recording and real-time recording
- Motion sequencer for recording the movements of up to 4 knobs
- Micro tuning function features 23 preset tunings created by Aphex Twin and Dorian Concept
- Oscilloscope and motion view display provides visual feedback of your sound design