Just like the original, only smaller and cleaner
It’s no secret that technology’s gotten a lot smaller since the late ’70s, so when Korg decided to bring the MS-20 back, they decided to drop down the scale, making the MS-20 Mini exactly 86% the size of the original. Best of all, they did it without changing any of the core components, with the exception of the voltage controlled amp (VCA), which they tweaked to be less noisy. They even shrank down the MS-20 Mini’s patchbay, trading the 1/4″ phono jacks for 1/8″ mini jacks to make extra room.
External signal processor unlocks a world of creative options
Plug your guitar or microphone directly into the Korg MS-20 Mini and start tweaking. You won’t believe the fun and funky sounds you can come up with. Utilizing the MS-20 Mini’s external signal processor (ESP) section, you can use almost any sound source to control the pitch or volume of this incredibly flexible synth. It’s all possible with the MS-20 Mini.
Onboard MIDI and USB lets you connect all your music gear
Here’s something die-hard synth nuts would have given an arm and a leg for back in 1978: advanced connectivity via MIDI and USB. With its MIDI in port, you can easily incorporate your Korg MS-20 Mini into your live keyboard rig or add a full-sized keyboard to gain access to a much wider note range. USB opens up even greater possibilities, allowing you to integrate your MS-20 Mini with the rest of your studio DAW.
- The legendary 1978 Korg MS-20 analog synthesizer reborn
- Built to 86% scale, making this MS-20 more portable than ever
- Provides powerful vintage sound, from deep, growling basses to crisp, rounded leads
- 2 oscillators with ring modulation provide a wide range of sound
- Envelope generators with delay and hold add exciting motion to your tone
- VCA maintains the original basic design, but with reduced noise
- First-generation filter design (highpass/lowpass with peak/resonance) capable of self-oscillation
- ESP utilizes the pitch or volume of an external audio source to control the synthesizer
- 1/8″ jack-based patching bay lets you create complex sounds
- 37-note keyboard is also 86% the size of the original
- MIDI in and USB connector provides keyboard and DAW MIDI connectivity
- Includes original MS-20 owner’s manual and settings chart