Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Mahogany Neck, Ebony Fingerboard, and 2 Humbucking Pickups – Silver Metallic
Ready to Thrash
Are you searching for a cauldron of pyrotechnic leads and thrash-ready riffage? If so, the Kramer Dave Mustaine Vanguard is ripe for the conjuring. This solidbody electric guitar is built around an asymmetrical “V”-shaped mahogany body, it boasts a shred-friendly 25.5-inch scale length, and its custom medium “C” neck and 24-fret ebony fingerboard are primed for performance. Dave’s signature Seymour Duncan Thrash Factor pickups arm you with Rust in Peace-era tone, with plenty of heat to handle any style of rock or metal. Dave Mustaine has been the architect behind Megadeth for nearly four decades, and this axe embodies everything that has made business good for the platinum-selling metal titans. Anyone hunting for a high-octane metal machine will be thoroughly blown away by the Dave Mustaine Vanguard.
The Dave Mustaine Vanguard was built for high-speed performance. Its asymmetrical “V”-shaped body perfectly balances ergonomic comfort and stage-ready aesthetics. Its mahogany neck sports Dave’s custom medium “C” profile, and its ebony fingerboard comes loaded with 24 jumbo frets. Moreover, the guitarists here have found that the Dave Mustaine Vanguard’s 25.5-inch scale length provides a familiar feel for players used to prototypical shred-style instruments.
Mustaine-approved Duncan humbuckers
If Thrash Metal 101 were a college course, Megadeth’s timeless Rust in Peace record would surely make its way onto the syllabus. Originally delivered via a Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB bridge pickup, Dave Mustaine’s impressive fretwork on this iconic album typifies the molten-hot aggression and light-speed licks that would become trademarks of thrash metal guitarists the world over. The Kramer Dave Mustaine Vanguard’s Thrash Factor humbuckers employ an altered winding process to duplicate the sound of Dave’s original JB, resulting in a startlingly similar tone with tighter lows, slightly scooped mids, and more aggressive highs.
The Dave Mustaine Vanguard is equipped with a veritable tornado of high-performance hardware. For starters, you’ll appreciate the rock-solid stability provided by this solidbody electric guitar’s LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge and string-through Flying V string plate. Its Grover Mini Rotomatic tuning machines ensure ultra-reliable tuning stability. You’ll also appreciate the look and feel of the Dave Mustaine Vanguard’s knurled-metal control knobs.
Kramer Dave Mustaine Vanguard Electric Guitar Features:
- Asymmetrical “V”-shaped mahogany body provides ergonomic comfort and stage-ready aesthetics
- 25.5-inch scale length feels familiar for players used to prototypical shred-style instruments
- Custom medium “C” neck and 24-fret ebony fingerboard are primed for performance
- Seymour Duncan Thrash Factor pickups arm you with Rust in Peace-era tone
- 2 volume knobs, master tone knob, and 3-way pickup selector toggle switch
- Rock-solid LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge and string-through, Flying V string plate
- Grover Mini Rotomatic tuning machines ensure ultra-reliable tuning stability
- Smooth knurled-metal control knobs and aggressive-looking black chrome hardware
Back to navigationTech Specs
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeDave Mustaine Vanguard
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Body FinishGloss
- ColorSilver Metallic
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapeMedium C – Dave Mustaine Custom Profile
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialEbony
- Fingerboard InlayDots
- Number of Frets24
- Scale Length25.5″
- Nut Width1.69″
- Nut MaterialGraph Tech
- Bridge/TailpieceEpiphone LockTone Tune-O-Matic Bridge with Flying V String Plate
- TunersGrover Mini Rotomatic
- Neck PickupSeymour Duncan Dave Mustiane Signature Thrash Factor Humbucker
- Bridge PickupSeymour Duncan Dave Mustiane Signature Thrash Factor Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 1 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch