Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
6-string Acoustic Guitar with Spruce Top, Mahogany Back and Sides, Hardwood Neck, and Rosewood Fingerboard – Whiskey Sunset
Vintage-style Martin 000
The Martin 000-17 Auditorium 6-string acoustic guitar is for players looking for a vintage-style guitar with a unique look. The 000 body style offers a sound that is balanced and detailed. It’s a favorite among fingerstylists. The combination of spruce, mahogany, and rosewood are used for their rich harmonics. And the 000-17 boasts a no-nonsense look that works onstage or in your living room. The Martin 000-17 Auditorium combines some of the most popular elements in vintage acoustic guitar construction with modern updates to the guitar’s playability.
Vintage construction, modern playability
The Martin 000-17 acoustic guitar has the popular Auditorium body that has been a favorite among performing guitarists for many decades. Its body delivers rich low end, while giving each note a balance and clarity that works as a solo instrument or for accompanying your voice. The neck joins the body at the 14th fret for a total scale length just over 24.5″. And the neck is built with Martin’s Modified Low Oval profile with High Performance Taper to appeal to moder player’s demands.
Sonically rich wood combination
The mahogany, spruce, and rosewood wood combination used on the 000-17 is exceptionally popular for the way it balances warmth, detail, and a wide frequency response. The solid spruce top offers great stiffness-to-weight ratio to get maximum volume and power from your strings. The solid mahogany back and sides ensure your tone stays even across the frequency range, while delivering plenty of warmth. And the rosewood fretboard also contributes to the rich harmonic warmth of the guitar.
Both modern players who want a striking-looking instrument and lovers of vintage Martins will love the straight-forward appearance of the 000-17. The guitar’s minimal fretboard inlays and simple ivoroid binding and pickguard give it the look of a well-loved prize from the pre-war era. And Martin’s Black Smoke satin finish helps enhance the tone of the guitar by letting the woods move and breath naturally.
Martin 000-17 Auditorium Acoustic Guitar Features:
- Vintage-style acoustic guitar
- Solid mahogany back and sides
- Solid spruce top
- Bone string nut and compensated saddle
- Neck joins the body at the 14th fret
- Compact body for a clear and focused sound
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Auditorium 000-14 Fret
- Body Style:No Cutaway
- Back & Sides Wood:Mahogany
- Top Wood:Spruce
- Color:Whiskey Sunset
- Body Bracing:X Brace
- Binding:Grained Ivoroid
- Neck Wood:Select hardwood
- Neck Shape:Modified Low Oval with High Performance Taper
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:1955 Style 18
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:24.9″
- Nut Width:1.75″
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone/Bone
- Bridge Material:Rosewood
- Tuning Machines:Golden Age Relic Nickel