Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
6-string Acoustic Guitar with Solid Spruce Top, Solid Mahogany Back and Sides, Hardwood Neck, and Ebony Fingerboard – Natural
Definitive Acoustic Tone from a Legendary Martin
The classic Martin D-18 acoustic guitar will take you back to the days when acoustic guitars were king, and players depended upon rich tone and acoustic projection alone to convey their songs. Pick up Martin’s absolutely amazing D-18, and you’ll be captivated by its rich tonality, beautiful sonic detail, and vintage-tinged looks. The D-18 gives you the classic Martin guitar experience, with a dreadnought body, a 14-fret design, and beautiful tonality to match its looks. Its solid spruce top and mahogany back and sides provide the foundation for stunning sound, and the Martin D-18 acoustic guitar will only sound better as it ages.
Classic “just-right” Martin tone
Ask anyone who knows their bluegrass why the Martin D-18 has been a top choice for serious performers. It’s because the D-18’s iconic tone sits “just right,” cutting through and holding its own without overbearing other instruments. Whether you’re playing solo or in a full bluegrass jam, your D-18’s rich tone will always be heard without fighting with vocals or covering up the low-end impact from the bass player.
The choice of session guitarists for decades
The Martin D-18’s tonality is just as useful in your studio as onstage. Just ask any recording engineer who’s been in the business for a couple decades: the D-18 has an uncanny ability to set itself into any mix nicely, with a minimum of processing. Sure, that jumbo-body rosewood guitar looks great, but you’ll be rolling off low frequencies and carefully adjusting compressors to prevent it from getting too boomy or indistinct in the final mix. Just grab your Martin D-18, point your favorite small-diaphragm condenser mic at the 12th fret, and you’ve got a sound that practically mixes itself.
Part of modern music’s history
You’ve already heard the sweet sound of the Martin D-18 more times than you probably realize. That’s because it was the choice guitar of legends such as Clarence White, Elvis Presley, and many more. Even Andy Griffith played one on “The Andy Griffith Show.” The Martin D-18 is a perfect example of an instrument that became iconic purely based on its tone and craftsmanship.
Martin D-18 Acoustic Guitar Features:
- An iconic piece of Martin guitar history, with a focused tone that sits well with a wide variety of instruments
- Solid spruce top for amazing projection and great note definition
- Mahogany back and sides for a well-balanced tonal range
- Focused low frequency response that sounds tight, never boomy
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Dreadnought 14-Fret
- Body Style:No Cutaway
- Back & Sides Wood:Solid Mahogany
- Top Wood:Spruce
- Body Bracing:X Scalloped
- Binding:Tortoise-colored Binding
- Neck Wood:Hardwood
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Old Style 18 Inlays
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.4″
- Nut Width:1.75″
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone/Bone
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Tuning Machines:Nickel Tuners with Butterbean Knobs