Beautifully Designed, Instantly Playable Acoustic from Martin
Martin introduced the X Series line 20 years ago with the aim of producing an acoustic guitar from more eco-friendly materials while still retaining all the earmarks of a Martin guitar: great design; impeccable tone; and instant playability. The GPCX2 continues this vision in grand fashion. This Grand Performance body is made from a Sitka spruce top with a figured rosewood HPL back and sides for bold, balanced tone and stellar projection. A select hardwood neck and fingerboard offers smooth playability and response, and the deep cutaway gives you access to those higher notes and exploratory chordings. When you are ready to plug in, onboard Fishman MX electronics kick out gorgeous amplified tone.
Smooth playability from the Performing Artist series neck
Whether you’re recording for hours or plan to play late into the night, the Performing Artist series neck is ideal for its comfort and smooth response. The slimmer profile is easy on your hand, allowing you to play extended sessions without fatigue. This neck has also been hand-rubbed, so it is extra smooth. And with a smooth, deep cutaway, you get effortless access to the higher frets.
Fine appointments and detailed craftsmanship
Other fine appointments on the GPCX2 include scalloped X-bracing for tone support and longevity. There’s also a stunning mother-of-pearl pattern inlay on the fingerboard and multi-stripe rosette inlay soundhole. A genuine white Corian nut and saddle provide further tonal support and a great aesthetic to this outstanding instrument.
The Fishman MX system is mounted in the soundhole of the GPCX2 and is a favorite here. The MX translates the natural, airy tone of the GPCX2, capturing its full expression.
Martin GPC-X2 Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Beautifully designed Grand Performance acoustic celebrates the wonderful X Series
- Sitka spruce top with a high-pressure laminate body for a wonderful, rich tone that sits nicely in the mix
- Solid hardwood neck and fingerboard is comfortable and playable
- Onboard Fishman MX electronics for stellar amplified acoustic tone
- Hand-rubbed Performing Artist series neck is ideal for its comfort and smooth response
- Stunning mother-of-pearl pattern inlay on fingerboard and multi-stripe rosette inlay soundhole
- White Corian nut, and saddle provide further tonal support and a great aesthetic
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Grand Performance
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:High-pressure Laminate
- Body Bracing:Scalloped X-bracing
- Neck Wood:Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape:Performing Artist
- Fingerboard Material:Select Hardwood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Mother-of-Pearl Dots
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.4″
- Tuning Machines:Chrome Closed Gear
- Bridge Material:Select Hardwood
- Nut/Saddle Material:White Tusq/White Corian
- Nut Width:1.75″
- Electronics:Fishman MX