Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
6-string Acoustic Guitar with Spruce Top, East Indian Rosewood Back and Sides, and Ebony Fingerboard – Ambertone
The Legendary Dreadnought, Reimagined
Many discerning guitarists instantly name the D-28 as their all-time favorite Martin; it is the standard to which all acoustic guitars are compared. Affectionately dubbed the “tone cannon,” the D-28 deploys classic rich tone and powerful projection that’s perfect for stage and studio. For 2017, Martin has reimagined the D-28, blending the rich legacy of the guitar with their latest innovations. Vintage appointments include open-gear tuners, an aged toner top, antique white accents, and faux tortoise pickguard. Forward-shifted bracing allows for greater vibration of the top, while a modern neck profile gives you improved comfort and playability. We spend a lot of time with acoustic guitars and this D-28 delivers the iconic Martin sound by the boatload.
The dreadnought: a fascinating backstory
Launched in 1906, Britain’s HMS Dreadnought was the first all-big-gun battleship and the first to use steam-turbine propulsion. Larger, faster, quieter, and more deadly than any warship that had come before, it ushered in the modern era of naval warfare. In 1916, Martin, which had been handcrafting fine guitars since 1833, christened their new large-bodied acoustic guitars after the groundbreaking naval vessel. Ubiquitous today across musical genres, dreadnoughts deliver the volume and deep bass that makes them ideal for vocal accompaniment, solo work, and many other “unplugged” applications.
A cornerstone of modern music
Martin’s early dreadnoughts set into motion the guitar’s prominent role in modern music and set the standard for tone quality in acoustic guitars. Martin dreadnoughts became known for resonant warm tones, quality craftsmanship, and tasteful styling. For those reasons, Martin guitars became an important part of the music written and performed by the stars of the 1920s and ’30s. The post-WWII D-28 became a cornerstone of the folk and folk rock music of the ’50s and ’60s. And the rest, as they say, is history.
Powerful sound, full bass
The Martin D-28 acoustic guitar offers the deep bass response that’s made Martin dreadnoughts so popular. Yet it also has a high-end presence that sings out even in heavy instrumentation. Martin’s D-28 is both loud and subtle and has a quick response. The powerful voice and full sound of the D-28 have made it a staple in the bluegrass world, but its bold sonic signature has been heard cross-genre.
Quality tonewoods deliver timeless tone
A quality acoustic guitar is all about the wood, and the Martin D-28 serves up a classic tonewood cocktail with no compromises. The top is solid spruce for big projection and spectacular note clarity. Its back and sides are made of solid East Indian rosewood, a classic Martin material. A solid wood neck with solid black ebony fingerboard gives the Martin D-28 amazing playing ease to match its awesome sound!
Martin D-28 Acoustic Guitar Features:
- Iconic dreadnought design and tone from Martin
- Solid spruce top for amazing projection and great note definition
- Forward-shifted bracing pattern for optimized soundboard vibration
- Solid East Indian rosewood back and sides for a well-balanced tonal range
- Modern neck profile for improved comfort and playability
- Focused low-frequency response that sounds tight, never boomy
- Vintage appointments include open-gear tuners, aged toner top, antique white accents, and faux tortoise pickguard
- Square-taper headstock with solid East Indian rosewood headplate stays true to Martin’s heritage
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Left-/Right-handed: Left-handed
- Body Shape:Dreadnought
- Back & Sides Wood:East Indian Rosewood
- Top Wood:Spruce
- Body Bracing:Forward Shifted X brace
- Binding:Antique white
- Neck Wood:Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape:Modified Low Oval, High Performance Taper
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Mother-of-pearl dots
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.4″
- Nut Width:1.75″
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone/Bone
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Tuning Machines:Nickel open gear