Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
This description is written to the best of our knowledge. Please message us with any questions or concerns!
The 1920 Martin Style B Mandolin is a remarkable instrument that embodies the craftsmanship and tonal excellence associated with the renowned Martin Guitar Company. This particular model represents a significant era in the evolution of mandolin construction, characterized by meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to producing instruments of unparalleled quality.
The Martin Style B Mandolin boasts a traditional A-style body design, featuring an elegant and compact form that is as visually appealing as it is sonically captivating. The instrument’s top, back, and sides are expertly crafted from solid spruce and Brazilian rosewood, ensuring a harmonious balance between warmth, projection, and clarity.
One of the standout features of the 1920 Martin Style B Mandolin is its beautifully carved soundboard, which contributes to its rich tonal character. The top exhibits delicate hand-scalloped bracing, allowing the instrument to resonate with exceptional depth and responsiveness. The Brazilian rosewood back and sides provide a warm and focused tonal foundation, enhancing the instrument’s overall projection.
The neck of the Style B Mandolin is constructed from select Brazilian rosewood, offering both durability and stability. It is designed with a comfortable and slim profile, allowing players to effortlessly navigate the fingerboard and execute intricate melodic passages with ease. The fingerboard itself is made of high-quality ebony, which enhances the instrument’s playability and adds a touch of sophistication to its aesthetic appeal.
Furthermore, the 1920 Martin Style B Mandolin features meticulously crafted appointments that reflect the meticulous attention to detail characteristic of Martin instruments. These include a precisely carved nut and saddle, elegantly designed pearl position markers, and a tastefully engraved tailpiece. The instrument’s exquisite craftsmanship is evident in every aspect, from its finely finished frets to its flawless binding and purfling.
When played, the 1920 Martin Style B Mandolin produces a vibrant and articulate tone that is perfect for a wide range of musical styles. Whether strummed with gusto or delicately fingerpicked, it exhibits a balanced tonal response, allowing each note to ring out with clarity and resonance. Its versatility makes it equally suitable for traditional folk and bluegrass music as well as more contemporary genres.
Overall, the 1920 Martin Style B Mandolin is a testament to the dedication and skill of Martin’s luthiers. Its exceptional craftsmanship, combined with its timeless design and outstanding tonal qualities, have cemented its status as a cherished instrument among musicians and collectors alike. As a vintage instrument, it represents not only a piece of musical history but also a prized possession for anyone fortunate enough to own and play it.