An Ultra-compact Bass Head with Powerful Punch
Move your old bass head aside, the Mesa/Boogie Subway D-350 Bass Head is coming through! Weighing in at only three pounds, this ultra-compact bass head punches way above its weight with 350 watts of pure Class D power and classic Mesa tone. As a matter of fact, you’re looking at Mesa’s smallest and lightest bass amp yet! To make the Subway D-350, Mesa/Boogie built upon the success of the previous Subway bass heads, incorporating the best features and streamlining functions. But don’t let the size fool you: it packs an incredible range of tone-shaping capabilities richly resplendent for stage and studio. This kind of tone, feel, and response form a combination you’ll only find courtesy of Mesa/Boogie engineering.
What’s under the hood
Though the compact size of the Subway D-350 revolutionizes Mesa bass head proportions, the secret lies under the hood. With the help of a solid-state preamp working in concert with a lightweight Class D power amp and a switch-mode power supply, you’re directly tapped into some of the best tone Mesa can engineer. Home use or studio recording, small and mid-sized venues, the Subway D-350 has a voice for all.
A plethora of tone-shaping controls
But it doesn’t stop there, because the Subway D-350 offers some seriously sick tone-shaping controls that’ll have you finding beloved classics as well as new favorites. Whether you play an active or passive bass, thanks to the Subway D-350’s Active/Passive switch, it’ll work superbly with both. Tune without fear of disrupting the audience, thanks to an Input Mute switch for inline tuners. Want a little added bite and top end sparkle? Try the Bright switch! Don’t worry about fiddling around on a dark stage, the Subway D-350’s switches all have LED status indicators. Gain and Master Volume controls, a built-in highpass filter, and Variable Voicing all offer intricate control over your sound. Lastly, a 4-band Baxandall EQ tops off your tone controls with plenty of frequency options.
Tons of connectivity options
Whether you want to jam quietly at home or record in the studio, the Subway D-350 offers plenty of I/O options to keep the music at the forefront. With an aux input and headphone output jacks, you can comfortably enjoy classic Mesa bass tone without disturbing those around you — even play along with your favorite tracks by connecting a media player. A USB port lets you charge accessories and even mobile devices. You have access to pre/post EQ source, ground lift, and mic/line level switches via a through-balanced XLR direct output, allowing you to take your music to PAs or audio interfaces with ease.
Mesa/Boogie Subway D-350 Bass Head Features:
- Classic Mesa tone in a 3-lb. bass amp — the lightest Mesa amp yet!
- Proudly made in Petaluma, CA
- Class D Power with 175W RMS into 8 ohms, and 350W RMS into 4 ohms
- Tons of tone-shaping controls with simple functionality
- Active/Passive switch for use with both active and passive basses
- Bright switch for bite and sparkle
- Variable Voicing for flatter curve to more vintage curve
- Built-in fixed highpass filter
- Achieve shimmering clean or mild overdrive and everything in between
- Switches have LED status indicators
- Gain, Master Volume, 4-band Baxandall EQ controls
- Use at home, in the studio, or for gigging
- Ultra-compact size: 3 inches x 9 inches x 8.25 inches
- Type:Solid State
- Number of Channels:Single channel
- Total Power:350W Class D
- EQ:4-band Active EQ, Voicing control, Bright switch
- Inputs:1 x 1/4″ (with active/passive switch), 1 x 1/4″ (aux)
- Outputs:2 x SpeakON (4/8 ohms), 1 x XLR (direct out)
- Headphones:1 x 1/4″
- USB:1 x Type A (500mA USB power outlet)
- Features:Gig Bag
- Cooling System:Convection Cooled
- Power Source:Standard IEC AC cable
- Weight:3 lbs.