Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
7-string Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Maple Top, Maple Veneer, Maple Neck, Ebony Fingerboard, and 2 Humbucking Pickups – Holcomb Blue Burst
Mark’s Signature 7-string PRS Elevated with All-new Pickups
Boasting a pair of revamped Seymour Duncan pickups, the PRS SE Mark Holcomb SVN delivers the crushing high-gain tones, pristine cleans, and effortless playability that modern prog metal players have come to require from their 7-strings. This guitar starts off with the classic PRS tonewood combination of maple-capped mahogany, but the top of the SE Mark Holcomb SVN is upgraded even further with a violin carve and quilted maple veneer that’s sure to capture your audience’s attention. On the opposite end, Mark opted for a maple neck with a PRS Wide Thin neck profile: this slightly skinnier shape has a smooth, fast feel to facilitate all manner of fleet-fingered metal technicality. Finally, this iteration of the PRS SE Mark Holcomb SVN marks the introduction of Seymour Duncan’s Scarlet and Scourge humbucking pickups, specifically voiced to retain extreme clarity and maximize the tonal output of any modeling amplifier.
Redesigned Seymour Duncan pickups
The SE Mark Holcomb SVN introduces two all-new Seymour Duncan pickups to the PRS family: Mark’s signature Scarlet and Scourge humbuckers! These pickups were built from the ground up to excel with modeling amplifiers, offering a full tone with a slightly lower output than one might expect for a metal maestro like Mark. It all adds up to a humbucker with incredible note-to-note clarity, articulate highs, and tight lows that never feel muddy — essential qualities for guitarists who regularly dive into down-tuned depths, but who still require their instrument to cut through a full band mix when playing solos and high-register proggy melodic passages.
Specialized for the needs of Mark Holcomb
Periphery have helped set the bar for modern progressive metal, and Mark Holcomb SVN is a lot of the reason why. His style combines exotic note runs, intense jack-hammer riffing, and fluty single-note melodies, all of which requires a high specialized instrument. While Mark’s Maryland-made Limited-edition signature model has been a huge hit, this SE makes his signature instrument attainable for a much wider audience.
Every aspect of the SE Mark Holcomb SVN has been crafted to allow anunrestricted playing experience. The maple neck is capped with a beautiful piece of ebony that feels sleek under the fingers, while its 20-inch fretboard radius aids in wide bends and nimble string-to-string playing. The neck also boasts PRS’ famed Wide Thin neck carve that is full enough to remain comfortable, but thin enough for you to fly up and down the frets.
Made beautiful, inside and out
The SE Mark Holcomb’s rich-yet-balanced sound is a result of its timeless tonewoods combination: mahogany capped with a solid maple top, here with a stunning quilted maple veneer. The mahogany body gives you natural tonal warmth, which is offset perfectly by the brighter tone of its maple top. Together, these tonewoods give you an incredibly balanced sound. The set maple neck and 24-fret ebony fretboard offer smooth playability and a full two-octave range on every string.
PRS SE Mark Holcomb SVN 7-string Signature Electric Guitar Features:
- Designed to the exacting specs of Mark Holcomb from progressive metal legends Periphery
- Warm-sounding mahogany body topped with maple for a touch of added definition
- Gorgeous quilted maple veneer
- Maple neck for enhanced stability
- Elegant ebony fingerboard with 24 frets in a flat 20-inch radius
- Seymour Duncan Scarlet and Scourge humbucking pickups are designed to excel with modeling amps, sporting exceptional clarity
- Push-pull controls to unlock articulate split-coil tones
- PRS Plate-style bridge for maximum tuning stability and enhanced sustain
- Number of Strings7
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeSE Mark Holcomb SVN
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Top MaterialSolid Maple with Quilted Mapole veneer
- Body FinishGloss Polyurethane
- ColorHolcomb Burst
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeWide Thin
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialEbony
- Fingerboard InlayPRS Birds
- Number of Frets24
- Scale Length26.5″
- Nut Width1.875″
- Nut MaterialPlastic
- Bridge/TailpiecePRS String-through Plate Style
- TunersPRS Designed
- Neck PickupSeymour Duncan Scarlet Humbucker
- Bridge PickupSeymour Duncan Scourge Humbucker
- Controls1 x volume, 1 x tone (push/push coil-tap)
- Switching3-way blade pickup switch