Features and Visuals Inspired by Paul’s Personal Guitars
Features and visuals inspired by PRS founder Paul Reed Smith’s personal player collection come to a compelling price point in the PRS SE Paul’s Guitar. Integral to the Paul’s Guitar equation is a highly figured maple-capped mahogany body, for the sparkle, sustain, and sex appeal PRS players live and die by. Next up is the hand-filling 22-fret Pattern profile mahogany neck, which offers off-the-charts playability up and down the birds-clad rosewood fingerboard. On the electronics side, a pair of custom-spec’d TCI humbuckers with independent coil-tap switches — a totally unique feature to any PRS outside the Core and Private Stock collections — delivers a stunning array of gossamer single-tone voicings to scorching high-gain humbucker heat and all stops in between.
The timeless marriage of maple and mahogany
Many of the world’s most sought-after guitars, including PRS’s own, have featured the same pairing of maple and mahogany you’ll find on the PRS SE Paul’s Guitar. These two tonewoods are thought to yield an ideal balance of sparkle, snap, and sustain — not to mention seriously compelling looks. And like any guitar fine enough to grace Paul’s personal collection, the Paul’s Guitar sports a stunning figuring pattern made all the more vivid by a flawless, tonally transparent gloss finish.
Versatile Pattern mahogany neck
Paul’s Pattern profile mahogany neck calls back to the company’s pre-factory guitar builds, found in the hands of the likes of Santana and Frampton in the ’70s and ’80s. The Pattern neck’s deep profile comfortably fills the hand and yields a warm, toneful sustain from top to bottom.
TCI humbuckers with coil-tap toggles
A set of custom-spec’d TCI (Tuned Capacitance and Inductance) pickups with independent coil-tap toggles allows players to access and blend single-coil and humbucker textures in any of the three pickup positions. The PRS SE Paul’s Guitar marks the first time you’ll find a pickup switching system this advanced outside the PRS Private Stock and Core lines.
PRS SE Paul’s Guitar Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Features and visuals inspired by Paul’s personal PRS collection
- Coil-tapped TCI humbuckers equip the PRS SE Paul’s Guitar for single-coil textures to high-gain humbucker heat in any of the 3 positions
- Highly figured maple-capped mahogany body is full of snap, sparkle, and sustain
- Hand-filling 25-inch Pattern profile mahogany neck offers off-the-charts playability
- 10″-radius rosewood fingerboard inset with birds inlays
- PRS stop tailpiece with brass inserts delivers rock-solid tuning stability
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeSE Paul’s Guitar
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Top MaterialFigured Maple veneer
- Body FinishGloss
- ColorFaded Blue Burst
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapePattern Wide Fat
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayAbalone Birds
- Number of Frets22
- Scale Length25″
- Nut Width1.6875″
- Nut MaterialSynthetic/Bronze powder blend
- Bridge/TailpiecePRS Wraparound Stoptail with Brass Inserts
- Neck PickupPRS TCI-tuned “S” Humbucker
- Bridge PickupPRS TCI-tuned “S” Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching2 x mini toggle coil-tap switches, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- StringsPRS Classic, .010-.046
- Case/Gig BagGig Bag
There are no reviews yet.