Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Poplar Body, Maple Neckand Fingerboard, and 3 Single-coil Pickups -Overland Gray
An Uncompromising and Affordable Silver Sky
The original Silver Sky was designed in conjunction with John Mayer to elevate a familiar guitar aesthetic with PRS Guitars’ world-renowned innovation. That collaboration is now making its way into the SE line with the goal of delivering a more affordable version of the Silver Sky — with all the same PRS quality! The SE Silver Sky features a lightweight poplar body loaded with a trio of 635JM “S” pickups to deliver all the glassy highs and round bottom end that you’d expect out of a classic three single-coil configuration. While the original Silver Sky kept the original 7.25-inch radius of its inspiration, the SE Silver Sky’s maple neck and fingerboard offers a slightly modernized 8.5-inch radius that feels vintage, but injects a dose of modern playability. Since its inception, PRS has been known to push the boundaries of guitar design. The Silver Sky SE combines that philosophy with a deep respect for tradition, resulting in a high-performance, vintage-style model of the highest caliber — but at a wallet-friendly price!
Vintage-inspired neck with a modern twist
The SE Silver Sky’s biggest deviation from the standard model is a slightly modified 8.5-inch radius, as opposed to the original’s 7.25-inch radius. While most modernized fingerboards opt for a 10–16-inch radius, PRS has chosen to keep the radius mostly vintage, but with a small twist. It may seem like a small difference, but one riff on the SE Silver Sky is all it takes to feel the difference! By slightly flattening the radius, guitarists around love how PRS managed to retain the feel that vintage guitar enthusiasts know and love, all the while infusing some modern performance into the SE Silver Sky’s neck.
A trio of sweet-sounding single-coil pickups
If you’re a single-coil tone connoisseur, then you’ll love the PRS SE Silver Sky. Its pickups combine the best elements of early-’60s American electric guitars: a round and full tone with glassy, musical highs that never venture into ice-pick land. The chiming harmonics yielded by these pickups are jaw dropping. And when you put them in front of a tube amp, you’ll bask in a gorgeous growl with outstanding note definition. These pickups have a few modern tricks up their sleeve, too: they exhibit a higher signal-to-noise ratio than vintage models, and their in-between sounds are noise canceling.
Reliable 2-point tremolo system
The SE Silver Sky’s 2-point steel tremolo is inspired by the classic tremolo systems of the past — but with modern PRS performance! No matter whether you’re doing subtle flutters or full-on dive-bombs, the SE Silver Sky’s tremolo is rock solid and easy to setup.
PRS SE Silver Sky Electric Guitar Features:
- Vintage-inspired guitar based on John Mayer’s early-’60s instruments
- Familiar shape with an eye-catching contrasting tone in its cutaway scoop
- Lightweight poplar body
- Comfortable 635JM neck carve designed in collaboration with John Mayer
- Sturdy maple neck with matching maple fingerboard
- 8.5-inch fingerboard radius for vintage feel with a modern touch
- 3 x 635JM single coils that produce glassy highs and full low-end punch
- Reliable 2-point steel tremolo
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeSilver Sky
- Body MaterialPoplar
- Body FinishGloss
- ColorOverland Gray
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck Shape635JM
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialMaple
- Fingerboard InlaySmall Birds
- Number of Frets22
- Scale Length25.5″
- Nut Width1.625″
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece2-Point Steel Tremolo
- TunersVintage-style Non-locking
- Neck PickupPRS 635JM “S” Single-coil
- Middle PickupPRS 635JM “S” Single-coil
- Bridge PickupPRS 635JM “S” Single-coil
- Controls1 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching5-way blade pickup switch