Playability, Tone, Looks, Affordability: This PRS Has It All
Playability, tone, looks, and affordability: you’ll find it all in the PRS SE Standard 24. It’s been a favorite for years thanks to its focused tone, straightforward aesthetics, and top-tier quality. Today’s SE Standard 24 wraps all of that into an attractive, value-packed instrument that plays as good as it looks. The guitar’s all-mahogany body sings with articulation and warmth that will bring to mind some legendary vintage rock tones. Those tones emanate from a set of PRS 85/15 “S” humbucking pickups with coil-splitting capabilities. Add in the wide-thin neck profile, PRS vibrato bridge, and iconic birds in flight inlays, and you have a fantastic instrument that is unmistakably PRS.
Classy, yet subtle appearance
This PRS SE Standard 24 displays its mahogany construction proudly through its stunning translucent finish, the wood grain assuring you of the natural tones that are to come. Around the perimeter of this guitar, you’ll find binding that sets the top and back of the guitar apart in a truly artistic manner. As your eyes move up the SE Standard 24’s rosewood fingerboard, you’ll find the company’s iconic birds in flight inlaid in beautiful mother-of-pearl. And Paul Reed Smith’s signature adorns the headstock to complete this guitar’s exquisite look.
Solid construction and hardware deliver amazing playability
The all-mahogany body of the SE Standard 24 gives you warm, detailed tones that make your music jump out of the guitar. The SE Standard 24’s maple neck has a wide-thin carve, making it very fast and playable. And the distinctive neck joint means you can reach all 24 frets easily for stellar high-fret access. The hardware is, as always, very stable and dependable.
PRS 85/15 “S” pickups offer remarkable clarity and tonal range
Whether you’re chording or deploying a searing lead, playing through this guitar’s 85/15 “S” pickups is a rewarding experience. That’s because 85/15 “S” pickups are modeled after the 85/15 pickups Paul Reed Smith designed for PRS’s 30th anniversary. From shimmering cleans to blistering high gain, the clarity and extended tonal range provided by these pickups make the SE Standard 24 the ideal workhorse guitar. A push-pull tone pot further fortifies your sonic arsenal with a range of spanky single-coil tones.
PRS SE Standard 24 Electric Guitar Features:
- Double-cut solidbody electric guitar with all-mahogany body
- Beautifully understated body and fingerboard binding
- Smooth-playing maple neck features a wide-thin neck profile
- Easily accessible 24-fret rosewood fingerboard
- 2 PRS 85/15 “S” humbucking pickups deliver a wide range of sounds
- Push-pull pot for a range of chimey single-coil tones
- PRS-designed tuners and vibrato bridge for rock-solid tuning and intonation
- Iconic PRS mother-of-pearl bird inlays
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeSE Standard 24
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Body FinishGloss
- ColorTranslucent Blue
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapePattern Wide Thin
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayPRS Birds
- Number of Frets24, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length25″
- Nut Width1.6875″
- Nut MaterialPPS Plastic
- Bridge/TailpiecePRS Molded Tremolo
- TunersPRS Designed
- Neck PickupPRS 85/15 “S” Humbucker
- Bridge PickupPRS 85/15 “S” Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone (push/pull coil-split)
- Switching3-way blade pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.