Hi there! This is the House of Guitars speaking. Thank you for checking out our Reverb page. We just want to give you a few points as to why you should go with the H.O.G.!
- We are a family business that have been running strong since 1964 and work with pride and passion
- Every listing (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) goes through a photoshoot to highlight the uniqueness of every instrument
- All guitars go through an inspection and set-up with our professional in-store luthiers to make sure they are in top shape before shipment
- Every package we ship comes extra packed to ensure the absolute safest travel from our store to your hands
- All shipments go out ASAP. Our first priority upon seeing a purchase is getting it out, so expect to see your tracking number the next business day if purchased after 4pm or even the day of if purchased in the morning. Shipments do not get picked up on weekends so if purchased over weekend expect to see it going out Monday
- All of our workers here have a love for music and either are professional, seasoned musicians, or have a degree within the music field, so please give us a call or shoot us a message!
Check out our social media pages to stay in the loop as well to see our old commercials, rock-star visits, and cool new arrivals!
So come on down to our house, the House of Guitars, because we will sell you EVERYTHIIIING!!!
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Swamp Ash Body, Maple Neck, Maple Fingerboard, 2 Humbucking Pickups, and 1 Single-coil Pickup – Charcoal
Swamped with the Soul of Rock ’n’ Roll
The PRS SE Swamp Ash Special represents an exquisite collision between value and versatility! PRS builds a small run of Swamp Ash Special electric guitars every few years, which makes them a fun find for collectors as well as a chance for players to explore sounds that won’t apologize for being adventurous. The SE Swamp Ash Special combines the hearty, soulful character of a swamp ash body with the tonal range of three pickups (two 85/15 “S” humbuckers and one single-coil AS-01) and the heightened expressive power of a PRS Patented tremolo. An unembellished maple neck makes playing the Swamp Ash Special a visceral thrill. The “Wide Thin” neck carve keeps your fretwork silky-smooth, and, on top of being comfortable, the maple fingerboard gives your initial note attack an extra dash of bright, peppery zing. Between classic tonewoods and ample pickup options, guitarists find the Swamp Ash Special is ready for countless genres — jazz, blues, hard rock, heavy metal, pop, and more. How does PRS do it? Find out with a SE Swamp Ash Special electric guitar of your own while supplies last!
Distinct swamp ash sounds
The PRS SE Swamp Ash Special pairs nimble pickup selections with a body carved from one of the most nimble tonewoods: swamp ash! Swamp ash grows only near the banks of the Mississippi River, the same central and southern heartlands that birthed the blues and rock ’n’ roll. Because its roots grow directly in water, it is the lightest species of ash available, with incredible balance, resonance, and dynamic response. When played politely, swamp ash strikes an ideal balance between brightness and girth. Played aggressively at loud volumes or with distortion, swamp ash reveals a gnarlier side characterized by midrange bite and snarl that cuts through any mix. One of the finest tonewoods known to humankind, swamp ash is becoming harder to come by — thankfully, PRS’ stockpiles have kept this tonewood icon available to all.
Enticing pickup trios have been a hallmark of the Swamp Ash Special over the years. This new SE version carries on this tradition with two potent 85/15 “S” humbuckers and a single-coil AS-01, a combination that packs enough range for hot Nashville twang, mellow jazz, driven hard rock, and more. The 85/15 “S” humbuckers are retooled versions of Paul Reed Smith’s original pickups. You can expect sweet, vintage-tinged harmonics and chunky humbucker warmth, but with output and inflection optimized for modern gear and tastes. The AS-01 pickup in the middle position offers a brighter, more crisp alternative to humbuckers and is a natural fit for classic styles such as country rock or the blues. The AS-01 blends a conventional alnico magnet with steel alloy, resulting in a fuller single-coil body that responds well to player dynamics and volume knob placement. Moreover, a push-pull pot lets players get single-coil style tones from the 85/15 humbuckers, bringing the total number of pickup voices onboard to six. With this trio of PRS-designed pickups, no tone is off-limits!
The Swamp Ash Special aims for streamlined appeal, but its pickups and 3-way switch offer more tones than meet the eye! Players can explore six different tone combinations, including timeless favorites inspired by classic 3-pickup guitars.
PRS SE Swamp Ash Special Electric Guitar Features:
- A fan-favorite limited-run release now available as an SE series model!
- Versatile, value-packed with classic tonewoods and 3 pickup options
- Solid swamp ash body balances brightness, girth, and sustain with memorable flair
- Bolt-on maple neck with a “Wide Thin” carve combines vintage support and modern comfort
- 22-fret maple fingerboard plays effortlessly and adds zing to note attack
- Versatile HSH pickup configuration with 2 85/15 “S” humbuckers and 1 PRS-designed AS-01 single-coil pickup
- 3-way pickup switching, plus push-pull tone control — 5 total pickup voicings to explore!
- PRS Patented Tremolo system and PRS-designed tuners
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeSE Doublecut
- Body MaterialSwamp Ash
- Body FinishSatin
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeWide Thin
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialMaple
- Fingerboard InlayBirds
- Number of Frets22, Nickel
- Nut MaterialPRS Proprietary
- Bridge/TailpiecePRS Patented Tremolo, Molded
- TunersPRS Designed Tuners, 18:1
- Neck PickupPRS 85/15 “S” Humbucker
- Middle PickupPRS Designed AS-01 Single-coil
- Bridge PickupPRS 85/15 “S” Humbucker
- Controls1 x volume, 1 x tone (push/push coil-tap)
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch