Zach Myers’ Striking Signature PRS SE!
Zach Myers, the guitarist for Shinedown, is a PRS player through and through. When he was given a chance to redesign his signature model, he jumped at the opportunity. The newly updated SE Zach Myers Semi-hollowbody electric guitar now features a mahogany neck, a matching flame maple headstock overlay, and his signature “Myers Blue” finish. The semi-hollow mahogany body and maple top create a nicely balanced tonal foundation, while the strikingly figured veneer ensures you and your guitar are the center of attention. You get two 245 “S” humbuckers — with individual volume and tone controls — that create vintage-inspired tone with a punchy attack. Aside from its good looks and superb tone, this guitar sports a rosewood fingerboard, PRS-designed tuning machines, and a single F-hole for an airy sound.
245 “S” pickups pump out vintage-inspired tones
This guitar is fitted with a pair of PRS-designed 245 “S” humbucking pickups. Inspired by the humbuckers found on vintage guitars, these pickups are clear and punchy with the perfect dash of harmonic content. Guitarists here appreciate how these pickups can conjure up tones for mellow chords just as quickly as they can produce screaming high-gain tones — all while retaining their clarity.
With its thinline construction, the PRS SE Zach Myers Semi-hollowbody electric guitar sets itself apart from many of PRS’s other instruments. By using this popular construction technique, PRS and Myers have created an instrument that sings with the sustain and feedback-resistant nature of a solidbody, while imbuing its tone with extra air and sweetness. Not to mention, this also makes the PRS SE Zach Myers a much lighter instrument for those marathon gigs.
Incredibly comfortable neck: a PRS trademark
Zach Myers’s signature SE semi-hollowbody electric guitar has a mahogany neck with a Pattern Wide Fat neck profile. The neck carve fills up your hand nicely, just like the vintage dual-humbucker instruments that hailed from Kalamazoo, Michigan, in the ’50s and ’60s. It is exceptionally comfortable for chording and adds sustain and thickness to your guitar’s tone. Capping the neck is a warm-sounding rosewood fretboard adorned with Paul Reed Smith’s instantly identifiable birds in flight inlays.
PRS SE Zach Myers Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Signature PRS guitar for Shinedown’s Zach Myers
- Mahogany body and maple top give you a classic tonal foundation
- Figured maple top veneer grabs eyes when you’re onstage
- Semi-hollowbody design adds extra resonance and an “airy” quality
- 245 “S” pickups produce vintage-inspired humbucker sounds
- Mahogany neck and Pattern Wide Fat neck profile feel solid and secure in your hand
- PRS Adjustable Stoptail bridge makes intonation easy
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSemi-hollowbody
- Body ShapeSE Zach Myers
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Top MaterialFigured Maple
- Body FinishGloss
- ColorMyers Blue
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapePattern Wide Fat
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayPRS Birds
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.5″
- Nut Width1.6875″
- Nut MaterialPPS Plastic
- Bridge/TailpiecePRS Adjustable Stoptail
- TunersPRS Designed
- Neck PickupPRS 245 “S” Humbucker
- Bridge PickupPRS 245 “S” Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.