The Sound of the ’60s — and Beyond!
There’s no other guitar on the planet that captures the essence of ’60s music better than the legendary Rickenbacker 12-string. The 330/12 was a classic from the moment it was introduced in 1969, delivering Rickenbacker’s signature articulate chime in spades courtesy of an almost completely maple construction. Apart from providing the 330/12’s unmistakably sharp look, the wide double cut offers easy fret access all the way up to the slim rosewood fingerboard’s 24th fret. A pair of High Gain pickups offers all the classic toaster-style tones found on records by the Beatles, Tom Petty, Roger McGuinn, and Pete Townsend, with a higher-output twist favored by alternative icons like Paul Weller, Peter Buck, and Johnny Marr. Rickenbacker is renowned for its uncompromising dedication to producing small-batch instruments of impeccable quality. So, if you’re looking to outfit your setup with a dose of jangle, there’s no substitute for the 330/12!
Chimey all-maple construction
Everything but the Rickenbacker 330/12’s fingerboard is made from high-grade maple, imbuing this guitar with a sharp attack, quick decay, and bright tone that defines the iconic Rick jangle. Plus, the neck’s laminated maple design offers excellent stability that helps combat the significant pressure applied by 12 strings of tension, ensuring that the 330/12’s neck resists warping and adheres to Rickenbacker’s minimal neck relief design.
Dual High Gain pickups deliver jangle and bite
Rickenbacker’s increased output High Gain pickups were released in 1969 in response to a rapidly shifting musical landscape, and it’s been the Rick Standard ever since! While we love the sound of the classic toaster pickup, High Gains are ideal for players who covet the beloved Rickenbacker chime, but with more bite and versatility, in addition to an improved full-range tone that excels at playing both ’60s pop classics and more aggressive styles. If you’re wondering what the mysterious fifth knob does (as do many, famously including the late-great George Harrison himself!), it simply acts as a secondary neck volume control that’s perfect for blending your pickups in the middle position.
What makes a Rick’s neck tick?
Often hailed as the ultimate rhythm guitar, Rickenbacker necks can feel a bit slim to players used to wider necks. However, this feature makes chopping out giant chords and playing intricate arpeggios a breeze! The dual-truss rod system is another idiosyncratic feature of the Rick’s highly stable laminated maple neck. Tension and stress can often lead to warping with a 12-string neck, but this ultra-durable design is perfect for keeping your neck dead-straight with no relief — as per Rickenbacker’s recommendation. Finally, the frets on a Rickenbacker sport a unique squared-off crown, making it ideal for super-low action with no buzz.
Rickenbacker 330/12 Semi-hollowbody 12-string Electric Guitar Features:
- Iconic 12-string design that defined the sound of the ‘60s
- Double-cut design offers easy upper-register fret access
- Semi-hollow maple construction produces a bright and jangly tone
- Beautiful unfinished rosewood fingerboard in an easy-playing 10-inch radius
- Incredibly sturdy laminated maple neck, with dual truss rod design to resist warping
- Dual High Gain pickups that pack classic Rick chime, but with a hotter output and stronger bite
- Intuitive 5-knob electronics layout, including a neck pickup blend control
- Rock-solid Schaller tuners
- Signature eye-catching “R” tailpiece
- Number of Strings12
- Body TypeSemi-hollowbody
- Body Shape330.12
- Body MaterialMaple
- Body FinishHigh Gloss Polyester
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeFlat D
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayDots
- Number of Frets24
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.629″
- Nut MaterialBakelite
- Bridge/TailpieceRickenbacker 6-Saddle Bridge with “R” Trapeze Tailpiece
- TunersSchaller Dual Direction Closed Gear
- Neck PickupRickenbacker High Gain Single-coil
- Bridge PickupRickenbacker High Gain Single-coil
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching3-way blade pickup switch