Shimmers and Snarls with Iconic Rock Attitude
The Rickenbacker Model 330 is your chance to take a page from rock ‘n’ roll’s playbook. These iconic guitars, with their distinctive looks and jangly tones, have found their way into the hands of the Who to R.E.M., Jimmy Page to Tom Petty, the Smiths to Radiohead. Today’s 330 features the hotter Hi-gain pickups and a 21-fret fingerboard for a spankier sound and hotter overdrive characteristics. Back in full effect are the classic lightweight semi-acoustic body, cat’s eye soundhole, and “R” tailpiece.
All-maple construction provides a bright foundation
Everything but the Rickenbacker 330’s fingerboard is made from high-grade maple. Maple’s density is partly responsible for the 330’s famous sustain and top-end jangle and shimmer. Maple is also very stable, aiding in maintaining the structural integrity of the neck. The thick rosewood fingerboard adds a touch of warmth and harmonic richness to this otherwise bright instrument. Dot inlays give it the traditional 330 look.
Hi-gain pickups and 5-knob layout allow for a wide range of tones
The heart and soul of all Rickenbackers are the proprietary electronics. In the 330 electric guitar you’ll find a pair of Hi-gain single-coils. These pickups deliver the stringiness of many other single-coils, but with an aggressive cut that has driven so many rhythm and lead guitar tracks through the decades. A 5-knob control layout with “blend” knob gives you a wide range of sounds to play with.
Rickenbacker 330 Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Iconic guitar played by Pete Townshend, Jimmy Page, and Thom Yorke
- Thinline semi-acoustic maple body with cat’s eye soundhole is lightweight and balanced
- Thick rosewood fingerboard adds warmth and harmonic richness
- Hi-gain single-coil pickups are loaded with spank, sparkle, and chutzpah
- Three-way selector with 2x tone and 2x volume controls
- 5th “blend” knob for coloration and output
- Schaller tuners are stage rugged and studio dependable
Back to navigationTech Specs
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSemi-hollowbody
- Body Shape330 Thinline
- Body MaterialMaple
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayDots
- Number of Frets21
- Scale Length24.75″
- Nut Width1.63″
- Nut MaterialBakelite
- Bridge/TailpieceRickenbacker 6-Saddle Bridge with “R” Trapeze Tailpiece
- Neck PickupRickenbacker High Gain Single-coil
- Bridge PickupRickenbacker High Gain Single-coil
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone, 1 x mix control
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
There are no reviews yet.